IPhone broken screen

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by MCB 15 yrs ago
Just broke my Iphone screen as I took it out my handbag and tried to get it fixed but was told by the Three Shop that they only replace them here in Hong Kong and do not repair!! Just cannot believe they change the units for $2500 and will not change the screen while it works perfectly fine. Cannot wait to go back to Europe to have it fixed.

Anybody with same experience out there? Any good repair shop?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
sampaguita 15 yrs ago
It depends how broken it is... and whether it was drop on the floor and also depends whether it is within 1 year guarantee.

The LCD/iphone of my boss was not working properly so we brought to Mongkok that only repairs iphone... they gave him a new one..(I forgot the address)

I know 3 has the address of the Repair Centre so you can ask for second opinion.

MCB 15 yrs ago
Thx for reply. My guarantee expired a week ago unfortunately. I went to the official Mongkok Three repair shop for IPhone and that is where they told me they wold only exchange it. Within guarantee would have been $1700, out of it $2500.

It works perfectly well so damage is only on the glass but given it is a touch screen it wont last for ever. In Europe they would repair the glass though, so I wonder if a good repair shop could do the job for a bit less. I do not want to damage my IPhone more though so worried about quality of service here

axptguy38 15 yrs ago
Try the shop on the corner of O'Brien Road and Johnston Road in Wan Chai. MTR exit A3. They are good with repairs and will probably charge much less.

MCB 15 yrs ago
Thx! Will let you know

Highway-9 15 yrs ago
Apples warranty policy is deny, deny, deny.

Broken glass, even if from the inside, is attributed to customer abuse.

Of course, battery fires are also a customer fault. And you are not supposed to leave Apple products in cars, etc.

Next time buy a Chinese knock-off for USD$14 so you can afford to toss it when it fails.

ndjay87 15 yrs ago
Go to the Sincere center second floor in Mong Kok. It is on Argyle street.

I did the same with my iPod 3g, it cost me $1,100. a broken screen is accidental damage not covered under warranty

MCB 15 yrs ago
Thanks ndjay87! I actually today went to Wanchai to the address recommended by axptguy38 (see above) and had it fixed for $500. I t was indeed accidental damaged not covered. Thanks for the tip anyway.

MCB 13 yrs ago
Same go for CASE in Causeway Bay where I took two MacBook 13'3 White old generation which upper case and bezel is life garanty by Apple as the plastic has a default ad cracks even under careful or normal use. They wanted to charge me $600 per laptop. After I insisted and the responsible manager was called in and I showed him Apple's website they agreed they had to repair it free of charge. The tehn ordered the parts from Singapore and two weeks later called me to fix them. Not an outstanding performance fro an official retailer.....

reagrding Iphone, I broke my screen to and had it fixed in one day by a little shop just out the Wanchai MTR station on the left. The guy asked if I wanted real Apple $500 or Chinese screen $100. I chose Apple and it works as before :)

leptitnico 12 yrs ago
Go to 298 Computer Centre, on Hennessy road, Wanchai. Green Mac shop at the back of the last floor offers the best service and price to repair broken mac products.

His name is Simon. You can tell him you come from Nicolas, I think he will be keen to give you even better deals.

Give me some feedbacks

shizuruluv 12 yrs ago
I went to 298 computer center, Please avoid iPhone Doctor. Name of the guy is KIT, he did "fix" the iphone for 1300HKD, saying he changed the screen battery, sensor and volume, but all he did was to change the battery. Then it was a big mess to get the money back. of course you cannot. So DO AVOID. REAL SCAM!

appleguy 12 yrs ago
I got my iPhone 4 broken screen fixed in Tsim Sha Tsui in just 2 hours of time. The guy was quite efficient and it seemed to be very good company for apple products repair. I saw them repairing macbooks, iPad, iPhones and many other computers. I don't remember the guy's name but i have company name and contact information.

Macwin Technology

www.macwintech.com

I hope this is useful enough for someone looking for Mac repair :)

guestHK 12 yrs ago
Hi

I went yesterday to that same shop in WanChai as MCB and axptguy38 to get my screen changed.

iPhone 4 screens are more expensive - $750 for an iPhone4 and $900 for a 4S.

After negotiating, I had my iPhone 4S screen changed for 800. That took them a few hours.

Check your phone carefully though, the first time they gave it back to me there was a dim black spot on the screen... They checked the phone again, which took them an additional hour, and everything is fine now.

AppleBun 12 yrs ago
800 Bucks seems to be the going rate for iPhone 4S, got mine fixed for the same amount at Wanchai Computer Center, Ialways feel the ground floor shops are more reliable and professional than the upstair ones, anyone can share that impression?

lars0480 12 yrs ago
MacWinTech charge HKD890 for IPhone 4 screen replacement. Their reply to my request for info below. Will go later in the week for repairs.

Kindly note we repair all kinds of apple products including iPhone 4. Yes you are right we are very famous for good and fast repairs. Kindly bring your iPhone to our office address given below and we will help you to change screen. For iPhone 4 original screen replacement cost is 890 HKD only including all parts and labour. Time required only 2 hrs. Please let us know what time you prefer to come.

Firstcom

Flat C, 14 Floor,

Golden Glory Mansion,

16 Carnarvon Road,

Tsim Sha Tsui

Kowloon

10 to 6pm

MTR EXIT B2 – Towards Cameron Road

BUILDING ENTRANCE IS FROM CAMERON ROAD (OPPOSITE WATSONS) & NOT FROM CARNARVON ROAD

Thanks

Lav

xpatinhk 12 yrs ago
I got my iPhone 4 screen fixed SECOND time. First time I fixed in Wanchai computer center ground floor as recommended by MCB but it was FAKE screen and display went black after in 5 days. I was very upset with that kind of service.

Then my local friend told me about MacWin Technology in TST as he had got his mac fixed there so I researched about them online and went there. They fixed my iPhone in about 1: 40 mins time. Best part is guy over there told me honestly about original and copy screen and gave me original screen with warranty. I like such shops where they sell quality products and people are honest. Highly recommended here are contact details.

Guy name is LAV

MacWin Technology - 6403 7272

AppleBun 12 yrs ago
Does anyone know what the current rates for the iPhone replacement from Three are, within guarantee and outside?

R.P 12 yrs ago
Last Year, I got my iPhone 3GS broken screen replaced by a small shop in Fleming Road, Wanchai (near standard chartered bank). It costed me HKD 400, I watched the guy fixing my phone in front of me, it took 1 hour to fix it.

evildeeds 12 yrs ago
All the spam in this thread has been reported. Same people kicked off another site last year for the same.

Halee11 11 yrs ago
83 Argle Street in Mong Kong. Take MTR to Mongkok Station and take exit D2 and make a left. You will cross road and enter building 83 Argle Street. Lots of Iphone repair shops. Walk to the middle and you will see two guys fixing phones. Name of shop is Mobile Repair Pro Shop. I phone 4 screen fixed for $450, Home button fixed for $50.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad