hello...

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by jhoylovesmark 12 yrs ago
im from philippines and i want to get divorce here in hongkong.i heard from friends that there are attorneys who can help me.but i dont know where to find them.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
jhoylovesmark 12 yrs ago
i get married in philippines,and it doesnt work out.im separated for almost 7 years.there is annulment in philippines but its to expensive i cant afford to pay for it.yes hes in philippines and irresponsible father to my son.i need help!thank you

jhoylovesmark 12 yrs ago
so what do you think the best thing i do?by the way,

thank you :)

punter 12 yrs ago
Why do you want to get divorced in the first place? To get married to another person?

If you get a divorce here in Hong Kong, you cannot get married again in the Philippines as you will be breaking the law (you will be commiting bigamy) if you do (get married again). So getting a divorce here in HK (if you can), seems useless doesn't it? It might be better for you to go through the annulment route if you want to marry again.

What you may want to look at too is (1) get divorced in HK and (2) get married in HK. However both these actions may still be not recognized in the Philippines. Wow, this is quite complicated to say the least. What will be the consequences if you do (1) and (2)? I have no idea...

songyu 12 yrs ago
amazing ... no divorce, no spouse snatching, no second spouse, or third, or fourth, or fifth, all children wont have broken families, all family lawyers go into retirement, and that's when everyone lives under filipino family law, gimme a break ...

jhoylovesmark 12 yrs ago
=((

Amparo Kia 12 yrs ago
I am not a lawyer but from a logical point of view, your husband is in the Philippines, you are a Filipina (philippine citizenship), you were married in the Philippines, I just don't think HK family court will handle your divorce for reasons they do not have the right to do it. Just start your proceedings in the Philippines, if money is your concern, let me tell you the fact is divorce, no matter where you are , is expensive...

jhoylovesmark 12 yrs ago
yeah!got it.thank you

Marizasoroten 11 yrs ago
Hello

Well many afraid to do divorce at HK but it's doesn't matter if your Pilipino citizen were filed divorce as me I'm divorce and HK but

Title bit problem I don't know if I can change my status here in HK philipoine consulate because my bf wanted me to take as fiancé uk I don't know if my current name is valid

philippinescourtreporting 10 yrs ago
Certain legal formalities needs to be done before getting divorced worldwide . So for any legal formalities contact @ philippinescourtreporting website .

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad