Travel time from new Bangkok airport

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Thames 18 yrs ago
I'm hearing lots about the new airport but I still don't know how long it takes to get into the city from there by taxi. Obviously it depends on the time of day and rush hour traffic etc., but can anyone give me an approximate journey time? Thanks!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
AA 18 yrs ago
Peninsula Hotel told me 60-90 minutes

weh 18 yrs ago
Hi Thames,

I flew into Suvarnabhumi a few days before official opening and flew out again on opening day. On entry we took the free shuttle to the transport interchange and a public bus from there to Victory Monument and a cab to our hotel. Total time about two hours in rush hour. Not easy nor comfortable with luggage. They had no buses with luggage racks as in HK. The only cabs we could have got at the airport were limousines at 700baht. We paid a total of 170baht! I gather more ordinary cabs are to be allowed access to pick up airport passengers but costs will still be at least 400baht and possibly 600.

Good luck.

Thames 18 yrs ago
Thanks for your replies. I'll be there next week so I'm hoping ordinary taxis will be operating by then.

hkkm 18 yrs ago
We took a taxi from the airport to our hotel (in the old part of the city) last Thursday night (the first day the airport was open). It took about an hour, the traffic was pretty good but the taxi driver wasn't sure where our hotel was so that took a little longer. Going back was even quicker but it was early in the morning so no traffic, plus we went on the expressway. The taxi fare was about 300 baht (about HK$80) so it doesn't exactly break the bank!

I read somewhere that the taxis were originally going to be stationed at the transport interchange and only limousines at the airport itself, due to some dodgy deal that someone had with the limousine companies. That was changed at the last minute so the arrangements for taxis are not very well organised at the moment. They will probably get it sorted out eventually, but in the meantime some patience is needed.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad