Eastenders - NowTV

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by seal 18 yrs ago
Anyone know why Eastenders is no longer on broadband BBC Prime?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
oj 18 yrs ago
Not a clue, and no notice was given of it being taken off which is a bit rude!

Thames 18 yrs ago
Is BBC Prime now BBC Entertainment??

oj 18 yrs ago
Certainly is.

kiwozzie 18 yrs ago
Hi , I was annoyed a few weeks ago when Prime suddenly removed another programme without warning, and they replaced the time slot with a cooking show. So I wrote to them & asked them why no warning and whats more they have plenty of cooking shows already...all very well if you have an oven... & their reply was that they were 'making way for new programmes". Even though I didn't follow Eastenders, it was one of the more up to date series which is unusual...most things are pretty elderly.

Fingers crossed for a decent lineup on BBC Entertainment...else they will cop another grumble from me!!

curly 18 yrs ago
I got the impression that BBC Entertainment was being plugged as a NEW channel from the trailers I saw, but my BBC Prime seems to have dissapeared and become it. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Curly

cd 18 yrs ago
Do you meab its mow not on at all? I was mad when they moved it to Sat and Sundays. maybe they've got so few viewers for it now because they moved it to such a stupid timeslot.. I mean how many people are in weekend lunchtimes to watch it? that they've decided not to put it on anymore. I also got the impression that BBC entertainment was a new channel, thats certainly how the advert came across.

maz27 18 yrs ago
Eastenders was the only tv time slot I looked forward to. Just put baby to bed and looked forward to 30mins of tv. Moving it to the w/end meant I usually missed one of the episodes. I can't believe they've taken it away forever. I know loads of people here in HK that watch it.

Anyone know anymore news about it?

Claire 18 yrs ago
From Wikipedia:

BBC Entertainment is the name of a BBC-branded general entertainment channel operated by the Corporation's commercial arm, BBC Worldwide.

It will be launched in India in the last quarter of 2006, replacing BBC Prime in Asian markets where it is currently available. It will also replace BBC Prime in Europe, Africa and the Middle East in 2007.

... But I've checked the old BBC Prime site for listings and it seems to have gone, and the new BBC Entertainment one is not yet up.

seal 18 yrs ago
Where is EASTENDERS?

A) Although EastEnders has gained a small and loyal audience in Asia since starting on the channel in January, a decision has been made to remove it from the new BBC Entertainment schedule as the long-running series does not fit in with the personality of the new channel.

Naturally our purpose is to provide top notch entertainment for all of our overseas viewers. Occasionally we have to change the structure of the schedule. This can be disconcerting for some viewers, particularly when a much loved programme comes to an end or a slot is changed. Naturally we regret that and try and mitigate any annoyance. We hope the new programmes on BBC Entertainment will be enticing, thrilling

That is from the BBC Entertainment website. What a pitiful explanation.

Claire 18 yrs ago
Also from the site:

...to give us your opinion of a programme or the channel, by clicking here.

http://www.bbcentertainment.com/BbcEntertainment/ContactUs.aspx

If it is important, make your voices heard.

suze 18 yrs ago
Top notch entertainment???? A 20 year old episode of The Good Life?????

kiwozzie 18 yrs ago
Not sure if this helps, as it is a bit vague, but maybe Eastenders has a website where you can read updates of each episode like you can with Coronation St.

Agree with you too suze...the Good life...not to mention Fawlty towers for the millionth time..aaarrggh

Claire 18 yrs ago
Tangerine> Sorry about the link. It was the one the session I was in but you have to select the country first. If you haven't figured it out already, just go to www.bbcentertainment.com

And there is no point in writing to NOW. NOW only carries these channels and does not have say over content therefore cannot reinstate a programme on a channel which it does not own. The same way writing to NOW about a deleted programme on CNN wouldn't get you very far. Again, perhaps stating the obvious...

PW 18 yrs ago
I have just sent a complaining email to the so called new BBC Entertainment website asking them to remove some of the older programmes to make way for 'Eastenders". Perhaps if everyone who is not happy with their decision does this then maybe they will reconsider! I think it is worth a try. As they say nothing ventured nothing gained.

Claire 18 yrs ago
If people feel that strongly, why not try for a petition? Emails arriving in dribs and drabs might not have such an impact as a wad of names. Also get names from other Asian cities via this site.

I did catch a bit of an episode on BBC Prime but the only characters I recognised were Pauline and her son, and the last time I saw it in UK the 'lad' was still in a pram!

cd 18 yrs ago
Its not even the fact that they have taken Eastenders off, but they keep advertising all new programmes etc, so turned on this morning to watch house invaders while I did my ironing to find its the same one they've already run about 6 times already.

roger52 18 yrs ago
I stopped my subscription to BBC prime as they told me to be profitable they must show their programmes at least 4 times a year

curly 18 yrs ago
4 times a year. From what I've seen half the programs are shown 4+ times a week!

seal 18 yrs ago
Well I have resorted to UKNOVA and watching it on my laptop, which although it is a pain to download every week, at least I can watch it.

devoncouple 18 yrs ago
UKNova is THE way to watch all the UK telly you can shake a stick at . . . and it's free and legal. Perhaps AsiaXpat could post a tutorial somewhere for those of us not quite so technically minded? It's very simple once you're up and running and you'll never need BBC Prime/Entertainment/Whatever they're calling it ever again . . . Just think of all that Corrie !!!!!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad