Sea Fishing in NT West Area

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Greene King 10 yrs ago
Any anglers out there who could assist me with English language sources of info related to sea fishing in the NT West area? Looking for advice on what species to expect at what time of year, where to fish, tactics etc. Of course I realise anglers don't want to give too much away...

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
190k 10 yrs ago
try here there are a few threads on the subject. Although not updated I have heard the fishing is better now

http://www.sportfishingasia.com/modules.php?name=Jig

Greene King 10 yrs ago
190K,Thanks for the link, been a few years since I last fished but I'm starting to get the itch again...

NT928 10 yrs ago
I've fished on and off for a few years in Hong Kong, mainly along castle peak road and on Lantau.

As far as beach fishing goes, fishing off rocks close to the shore at night can occasionally produce a nice bass or a red drum. You can either fish with a float, a lure or on the bottom. The best bait for bass and red drum would be live shrimp or a fish bait.

I also sometime fish further out and catch grouper, flat heads and plenty of eels, but you can lose lots of tackle in snags.

Finding a decent spot can be tricky if you don't want to walk miles and would prefer to fish close to a car park. Also the local fishermen tend to put nets very close to the shore and run very close to the beach especially at night.

There are plenty of tackle shops in Hong Kong, but depending on your experience and how you're used to fishing you may be better off ordering some stuff from the UK or America.

There are also saltwater and freshwater ponds for fishing in, which can be a bit of fun if you are looking to get back into it after a break.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad