Same-sex Couple - Visa Question

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Armando C 9 yrs ago
Hello There!

My husband (legally married in our state of residence in the United States) and I will be moving to Hong Kong in January, as he has found a job there. I need to apply for a visa but, from all I have read, it seems that it will be difficult for me to get a dependent visa and, in order for me to even apply, my husband has to be there earning income and also have an flat.

ARE THERE ANY SAME-SEX COUPLES OUT THERE THAT HAVE GONE THROUGH THIS AND CAN YOU HELP ME?

THANK YOU!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
jassy67 9 yrs ago
My friend from Canada lived in Hong Kong for 4+ years. Legally married in their Province. One worked in Hong Kong, the other did not. And all it meant was the one not working had to leave HK every 3 months, I think, to renew his visa. Not always just one night though. Sometimes, he would go to Thailand for a week. Not easy, but doable.
Unfortunately, HK is behind times in that respect. They just do not recognize same sex marriage, unfortunately. Now, it depends also, the company he works for and if they recognize it and can help out. The company my friend worked for, would not recognize it and wouldn't even put on medical as a spouse.
Has he checked with his company ?

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad