China Visa - quickest place to get one?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by maz27 17 yrs ago
I'm planning to go to Shenzhen next week and need to get a china visa in advance of my trip.

Where does everyone go to get it done? What do I need besides my passport and some money?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Bama Expat 17 yrs ago
My husband and I have used the following agency several times:

http://www.fbt-chinavisa.com.hk/ They are close to the Intercontinental Grand Stanford in Kowloon.

You just need your passport and the money.

GreenM&M 17 yrs ago
I typically go directly to obtain a Chinese Visa in Wan Chia, Hong Kong at:

PRC Visa Office

7/F, Lower Block

China Resources Bldg

26 Harbor Rd., Wanchai

Tel: 3413-2424

Chinese visas may also be obtained through the China Travel Service:

The China Travel Service (CTS)

C.T.S. House

G/F, 78-83 Connaught Road, Central

Hong Kong

Tel: 2853-3888

Fax: 2543-2671

The China Travel Service (CTS) Kowloon Office

1/F, Alpha House

27-33 Nathan Road

Kowloon

Tel: 2315-7188

Fax: 2315-7292

Meiguoren 17 yrs ago
Well, you also need a visa photo.

Shanghaimike 17 yrs ago
You can get a Visa at Lo Wu Train Station from CTS, it will take 1hr.... YES ONE HOUR!!! There's even a Starbucks upstairs that they will take you to wait.

You will need your Passport, 2 Passport photos and an address in China to fill out on the form. Done.

More difficult & expensive if you have a US Passport.

Bama Expat 17 yrs ago
The last time we used Forever Bright, we didn't even need a photo. They took my passport in the morning, and I went back at 6 p.m. with my money to pick it up. They told us we only needed to bring a photo if we were getting multiple entry business visas. We didn't fill out any paperwork at all.

botheredsoul 14 yrs ago
There are lots of travel agencies in hongkong that arranges for china visa. Only that it costs much. Better you apply at the chinese embassy/ consulate nearby.It will just took 3working days.I paid 600mop for multiple entry/allowed to stay anywhere in china for 30days per entry

(I am based in Macau)

Jean-Jacques 11 yrs ago
Update 2013.January.10: The advantage of China Visa Agencies (I use http://www.chinavisaextension.com ) is that you can get there better visas than directly at the consulate. Especially for the French is it very important because otherwise we get almost no visa

sylviaehk 11 yrs ago
I also found going direct to the Embassy in Wan Chai the easiest. Try and pick your times not Monday or Friday and not as they open either. Passport Photo, Copy of HK id, Passport and your completed form needed.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad