Need Good Divorce Lawyer Urgently

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by sammy8 13 yrs ago
Hi

I need a good divorce lawyer urgently. I would like someone who is experienced and well known in the market. I want to make sure that I am well represented and also to show that I can't be pushed around by the ex-spouse lawyer. The other lawyer is quite cunning.

I read that Sharon Ser of Withers is well regarded and one of the leading divorce lawyers in HK and I tried to contact her. Unfortunately, she's tied up in courts all week. I got refered to a junior lawyer but I'm not sure whether a junior lawyer has the "firepower" should the case becomes more complicated. I don't mind paying a little more (not exorbitant though) for the peace of mind.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
cowleyp 13 yrs ago
My oxymoron detector just went off! Please rephrase to effective divorce lawyer.

colinng 13 yrs ago
Hi, you can try Winnie Chow of Hampton Winter Glynn, who used to partner with Sharon Ser before Sharon left HWG.

associates 13 yrs ago
[UPDATE] Please note that fee quotes stated in historic postings may be out-of-date.

Weir & Associates has experienced family lawyers who have handled various international claims for property, custody, and maintenance including Australia related party/assets. We are certainly can assist in your matrimonial matter.

Legal fees vary on a time spent basis. The cost for preliminary advice would be HK$2,800 for an initial review.

Weir & Associates

Solicitors & Notaries

16th Floor Tak Shing House

Theatre Lane

20 Des Voeux Road Central

Central

Hong Kong

Tel : 2526-1767

Fax : 2868-3568

email : WeirLaw@weirandassociates.com

www.weirandassociates.com

Inthesticks 13 yrs ago
Giles Surman, he is in the Hong Kong Bar Association - top notch

Inthesticks 13 yrs ago
Giles Surman, he is in the Hong Kong Bar Association - top notch

PENMAN 13 yrs ago
all depends if ur wife is willing to sign the paper or is she gonna contest., does ur wife live in hkg as well, call me for more info on 61814565

lllsss 13 yrs ago
why to start a divorce with "firepower"? especially if you have kids. it will be only a win win situation for the lawyers. if you would like to get the 'big shot'lawyers attention, you need to be a 'big money case' and if you are a 'big money case', probably you will end up a 'small money case' after yo both pay the lawyers (from your joint money.

I am a mediator who sees this cases all the time and only after the couple understand that they spend a lot of money ( at least 3800 each lawyer per hour which means 7600 per hour together) which mediation is a more positive way to do it and each one pays around 1000-1250 per hour.

researches and documents show that 80% of the divorce cases end up with a settlement via mediation.

please check this possibility before it gets more acrimonious.

deliciousmay 13 yrs ago
Try some of the realy reputable family law firms in HK such as Stephenson & Wong and JSM. They have really experienced family law attorneys.

D_S 11 yrs ago
What would be considered a sufficient allowance for partner whilst waiting for divorce to be finalised? Partner works, we have one child but does not earn enough to pay her own way. Is there some rough calculation that can be used based on what we both earn? I am not out for vengence, willing to pay my share of costs for our child but only up to a point. Comments from mothers who have gone through this would be appreciated...

2012amy 11 yrs ago
DS, there is no rough calculation. The reasonable maintenance for a child can be assessed by reference to past living standard. Also see to whom the custody of the child is granted.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad