notary service

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by msnglnk 15 yrs ago
where do i go to get my hk marriage certificate notarized? my wife (prc chinese) and i got married in h k but it seems that neither the prc or the US will recognize an hk marriage certificate unless it is notarized by a licensed hk notary public. we are coming to h k soon. so where do i get it notarized?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
associates 15 yrs ago
[UPDATE] Please note that fee quotes stated in historic postings may be out-of-date.

HK$400.00 standard fees set by the Notarial Assication.

Weir & Associates

Solicitors & Notaries

16th Floor Tak Shing House

Theatre Lane

20 Des Voeux Road Central

Central

Hong Kong

Tel : (852) 2526-1767

Fax : (852) 2868-3568

email : weirlaw@weirandassociates.com

www.weirandassociates.com

msnglnk 15 yrs ago
can i get it notarised here? i don't think the US immigration will care. the prc visa office here told me i couldn't use it for my visa unless i got it notarised in hk. but will they even notice if i do it here? someone also told me i couldn't notarise the original. is that true? will notarising a copy pose difficulties?

Kumander 15 yrs ago
check out the law society of hong kong website - they have a list of notaries and the fees are standardised. yes the consulate will care and the prc can notice and then....

msnglnk 15 yrs ago
whats the link for law society of hk?

Legal Assistant 15 yrs ago
where can I get a notary public who charges $400? The ones I asked (about witnessing an affidavit) asks for $1500. Thanks.

metoprohk 15 yrs ago
You might as well find us helpful, please contact us for a quote via martinal@metoproassociates.com.hk

daipaidong77 14 yrs ago
If you are American and want something notarized, the US Consulate offers notary services for US$30 (cheaper than HK $400!!). You just need to make an appt on the HK location of the US Consulate online.

daipaidong77 14 yrs ago
not sure if the previous post included the link.

More info here:

http://hongkong.usconsulate.gov/acs_notarial.html

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad