Massage in Central/Admiralty/Wan Chai

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by teenytiny 15 yrs ago
Hello

I am looking for a good massage place anywhere in Central, Admiralty or Wan Chai. It doesn't have to be fancy or upmarket, cheap is good! Just looking for a simple, firm massage: accupressure, deep tissue, etc.

Any recommendations?!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
mayita 15 yrs ago
Hi,

There is this place called Siam Thai Massage on 99 Queen Road East, 1st floor, -tel : 2528 9976, between Hopewell Centre & Pacific Place. (MTR Wanchai / Admiralty)

It's NOT fancy, but it's clean, not expensive (80 dollars for 45 min) and their body massage are better than other more expensive places... they even put things straigt back (aching neck)... and they really stretch your limbs (good after sports, to avoid next day pain)

Their foot massage is ok, but Chinese people might find it a bit on the "soft" side ... which is why i only saw westerners having their foot massaged here.

Their customers for body massage are Cantonese & Westerners.

The diploma (Thai school of massage) of some of the therapists are shown on the wall....

Better call in advance if you plan to go on weekends (like around 6 or 7 on Sundays) as it might be very busy.... if nobody picks up the phone, it means that all is booked (they do not have a front desk to sort out messages)....

The staff is very nice.

Therapists are either woman or man. If, as a woman, you prefer a woman to massage you, better call in advance to ask so ....

Tell us if where you have found great massage place.

SOHOSGF 15 yrs ago
Hey guys,

In terms of a good, reasonably-priced foot massage, try Happy Foot in Soho/Elgin St I think. We were satisfied with them when we went. They had a good deal...like a 45min foot massage for $138..

Warning about other "cheaper" places: just went to Foot God Reflexology Center (also known as Big Foot Massage) at 149-151 Hennessy Road in Wanchai..we thought we would get a cheap foot massage just b/c we had tired feet..and the flyer said $98. But we made the mistake of NOT confirming/clarifying the price beforehand-dumb of us!-and they charged us $170 per person for 60min :P They were nice/friendly, and the massage was decent. However, its not right to charge a different price than stated on the brochure (all in Chinese, btw) by saying "Oh, that is the appointment price for a 45min massage."

Just watch out and make sure that u are clear about the price u are paying when going to these places!

We did have a positive experience another time: went to a place in TST that gave out a brochure, with the price clearly stated, and it was quite nice. We confirmed-before sitting down for the massage-that the cost would be $90hkd for 45min, and they said yes. And it was not sketchy, just simple and no-frills. If you are looking for a spa experience, this is not the type of place!

axptguy38 15 yrs ago
Agreed with SOHOSGF that Happy Foot is good.

19/F, Century Square

1-13 D'Aguilar Street

Central

and

6/F, 11/F & 12/F, Jade Center

98-102 Wellngton Street

Central

Book ahead if you want to do more than foot massage.

thunderhalogen 14 yrs ago
Hi,

I have another suggestion in Tsim Sha Tsui, the shop is called Tammy's Spa. I was there last week, and I was given a very decent sweden massage. The place isn't well renovated, it's sort of family business. The price is reasonable, and you could have a wonderful experience.

BTW...it's NOT fancy as well. Address:

Tammy Spa

Flat D, 4/F,

Kwun fai Building,

8 Granville Building,

Tsim Sha Tsui.

I heard that she will be having a week vacation from 8 Mar.

SuThaiRetreat 14 yrs ago
Just finding this thread ... I have a recommendation for a new place in Western.

- it's only 5 minutes from Central by taxi - and the price and quality is excellent.

Actually I'm a satisfied customer, writing this on behalf of the owner - she impressed me enough to want to promote her work. Strong, skillful, and very service oriented. Her attention to detail is shown in the quality of her premises, and is definitely reflected in the massage she gives.

Go to Thai Retreat, on 1f 291 Queen's Rd West. 2882 2396 for booking.

Details on www.ThaiRetreat.com

John

asleung 14 yrs ago
There's a very nice small massage parlour in Soho Caine Road called 'Let's Relax', it's bit smaller than Happy Foot but the decoation and service is great!! Price is even more competitive guess it's probably more higher up the escalators compared to Happy Foot. Details on www.letsrelax.com.hk they usually have promotions.

&&& 14 yrs ago
New Paradise Health Club

414-430 Lockhart Road

Wanchai

2893-0008

2574 8691

tiger_vii 13 yrs ago
Alot of Xpats have asked me where to go for a good and economical sports massage.

I found a place here in Central called Figure Fitness, its a private gym with Sports massage on offer.

the address is 6/F On Hing Bldg, 1 on hing Terrace, central (its very close to california fitness)

tel: 25253223

web: http://www.figurefitness.hk

I am using a therapist called Anthony and hes very good with injuries and professional, but you need to book in advanced as hes not always there. Hope this helps cheers

dadatpageone 13 yrs ago
I tried Bangkok Thai Massage on my way to Coyote on Lockhart Road. The master therapist is a mid-age Thai woman called Janjira. She's very friendly and experienced. I also tried other therapists too. Consistently good massages. Not a fancy or upmarket place, just good & magical hands. Call 25693566 to book first:

www.bkkthaimassage.com

tom_v 12 yrs ago
I found a place in Wanchai with good and economical massage, $98 per 50 mins. It is located between Tai Yau Plaza and MTR A3 exit.

ZENJOY

1C Tung Fong Building

161-165 Johnston Road

Booking tel: 3487 0330

katrinalam80 12 yrs ago
Hermitage on Wyndham, great service. Not too expensive.

The Hermitage Spa

18/F South China Building,1 Wyndham Street

Central Hong Kong

Phone : +852 2801 7208

Check the venue and pictures:

http://www.twangoo.com/hong-kong/en/deal,2541,hong-kong-the-hermitage-spa

Raphael Wong 12 yrs ago
For onsite massage (i.e. home massage / clubhouse massage / tradeshow), you can call Hava Massage at 26200860. Pure massage only. They offer Swedish Massage, Chinese Acupressure and Deep Tissue Massage.

menchong 12 yrs ago
Zenjoy is great!!!! New, clean and simple space. Owners speak English. The massages are way better than more expensive places I've tried. Deep tissue with oil $98 for 50 minutes.

ZENJOY

1C Tung Fong Building

161-165 Johnston Road

Wan Chai

Booking tel: 3487 0330

Ann Li 12 yrs ago
There's a perfect place for a sports, pregnancy or just any massage. Also, fantastic facial treatments!!! Expert in Hollywood & Brazillian waxing. Elegant, new, comfortable place. Experienced & international qualified therapists. Competitive rates. There is currently a special offer for a 60 mins. massage/facial $380.

Room 602-603, 6th floor

Manning House, 48 Queen's Road Central

Central

Tel: 53732301

maryjojo 12 yrs ago
Agree with tom_v and menchong, Zenjoy is good!!! I use to go there once a week / twice a month. Recently they have increased the price to $108, yet still very economical!

Oh, you guys made a mistake... the address should be: 151 Johnston Road.

I was lost at the first time been there.

mysha 10 yrs ago
My Filipino friend is searching for a small space for living for in Wan Chai, Hong Kong. Anybody who lived earlier at 7, cross Lane, Wan Chai, kindly suggest. Name and exact address is welcome who live recently.

Mysha

Simone's 9 yrs ago
Im looking for a good massage place. Also looking for a massage buddy to go with. Anyone interested in meeting up?

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad