Intensive Cantonese Course

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by teenytiny 15 yrs ago
I am looking for a 6 month intensive cantonese course, preferably with a university. Does anyone have experience with this, or any recommendations?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
sk76 15 yrs ago
Does it have to be at a University / are you looking to gain a recognised cert?

I am doing a Canto course held at a centre in Wan Chai just for fun but it is pretty intensive as you get through a lot in the 3 hr block per week.

Christelita 15 yrs ago
Hi Teenytiny,

I can recommend the Chinese Language Center of the Chinese University of Hong Kong.

http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/clc/e_ssp.htm

I did some full time Putonghua studies there years ago, and the course is tough, especially as one is required to learn the Chinese characters as well. End last year I took their part-time Cantonese evening course and it was good. The emphasis is on learning to speak and communicate in Cantonese with locals. I was also told that the full time Cantonese course is not as "demanding" as the Puthonghua one, as learning Chinese characters is optional for the Cantonese course. Hope this helps!

AliciaPike 15 yrs ago
Hong Kong Language Learning Centre in Wan Chai is fabulous. I have been taking it for a couple of months and everyone is very impressed with my Cantonese, especially taxi drivers! Especially when I tell them I have only lived here for 5 months!

Jennytracey 10 yrs ago
Hi, my husband is learning from a native cantonese teacher, he has very good progress, this is the the source to share www.hkexpattutor.com

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad