Moving to Tai Po

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by taipoexpat06 15 yrs ago
I will be moving to Tai Po in 3 weeks and am looking for some advice about the best places to live. I would like to live in the center of the city, near shopping, nightlife, and public transportation.

Does anyone know of any apartment buildings that would fit this description? Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Riceman 15 yrs ago
Tai Pall Mall has a Jusco and lot of other stores and this would be the nearest description to the city center living. There are plenty of property agents that will advertise places for rent around the Tai Po Mall area. Walk over a couple of bridges (over the river) and then down to the main road where you'll find a good few pubs and that'll be your night life in this surrounding area.

Good luck

HK'sUndesirables 15 yrs ago
I don't believe these Tai Po bashers here know much (up to date info) of the area at all. It is becoming vibrant, good luck on your move there.

sistim 15 yrs ago
Friend who lives there loves it & does NOT live in Hong Lok Yuen.

sarah jane jj 15 yrs ago
I have lived in Tai Po for nearly 9 years and I much prefer it to the "Island",my husband lived on the "Island' for 2 years 30 years ago and has lived out this way since.

It still amazes me looking at all the mountains driving back home,Hong Lok Yuen is nice but overated(we belong to the c,club/gym there,)we live in the Lam Tsuen area with a huge garden(lots of maintenance)

There are lots of little parks for kids to play in,shopping mall,I prefer to shop local (get discount when owners see you regular)plenty of parking ,lots of sushi bars have sprung up.Tai Mei Tuk/Waterfront Park /Kadoorie Farm...

Plenty of bars with expats around to make friends with After5,Soho..theres the Hash they meet Sunday and Wednesday great social life with them(always a party)transport green /red mini buses 5/10 mins to KCR $5.5 taxi about $25 plenty of schools nearby....Brill place to live WE LOVE TAI PO.

chinacrisis 12 yrs ago
Hi - Can I get an update on this question? I am not the original poster. My concerns are travel time to Quarry Bay (I could buy a car) and local International Schools.

How about Beverly Hills? Rent's seem very reasonable for a house.

Thanks!

Hugie 12 yrs ago
@ chinacrisis Hon Lok Yuen have an international school. And there is a newish International school (which is linked to them) in Sha Tau Kok. They have school bus service to parts of HK........

shoubedo 11 yrs ago
hi, i would like to gather people who like to workout in tai po

pls kindly like the facebook page and feel free to create event there

https://www.facebook.com/taipo.workout

cheers

Daisytree 10 yrs ago
My family would like to move to Hong Lok Yuen as we can only get a school place there for my son. I know it is a good place to live. My only problem is that I will be working in Pokfulam! Does anybody know how long it would take to get there in the morning. I could leave by 7 am. Would a taxi be totally crazy? Any ideas would be great.

yazjass 8 yrs ago
We're looking for advice.

Interested in moving to TAI PO due to space.
We're currently in midlevels west. Very crowded and pricey.

What are the options for pre nursery / kindergarten / playgroups?

Currently we can walk to woodlands Montessori so that's greeat.

I'm worried about schooling in Tai Po.
Seems like Beverley hills is quite nice and affordable.

Hong Lok yuen seems more expensive but the school is right there.

Hoping to receive some advice here. Thanks.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad