Hong Kong’s Top Site for Executives | Hong Kong’s Leading Property Site | Hong Kong’s Best Classifieds
Hong Kong
Please select your city
Saturday, 11/1/2014

Looking for a place to stay for 12000HKD/month

POSTED BY jamesj (5 yrs ago)

Hi

Me and my friend are moving back to HK on 8th April. We'll be hunting for a place to live on the island with a budget of 12000HKD. While we visit apartments we'll need to find an affordable hotel (probably for 7-10 days).

Does anyone have andy advice about looking for 2 bedroom accommodation at this price (size isn't as important as the condition of the apartment). Also, if anybody has any suggestions for hotels for around 500HKD/night because there are so many online and its difficult to tell the good ones form the not so great ones!

Thanks

J

#1 POSTED BY axptguy38 (5 yrs ago)

I'd look for places by CityPlaza in Quarry Bay, for example Taikoo Shing. I know a guy who pays 17k for a nice three bedroom there so 12k should not be impossible for a 2 bed.

Hotel: Ibis North Point has small rooms but is cheap, clean, has a nice view and is by the MTR. Don't know if it goes quite as low as 500.

There's always Chung King Mansions, but I don't know which of the many places there to recommend.

#2 POSTED BY ecareken (5 yrs ago)

Look here for those first days before finding a flat:

http://www.hadla.gov.hk/cgi-bin/hadlanew/search.pl?name=&room=0&district=N&client=-1&searchtype=-2&displaytype=2

#3 POSTED BY jamesj (5 yrs ago)

Thanks for the advise. Seems HK is super expensive...

Can anyone recommend an estate agent I should use where they will show me good places within my budget (12k MAX) and not try to get stitch me up?

Also, anyone know of a nice clean hotel room 600/700 per night, until we find out where to live? Twin beds would be amazing..

#4 POSTED BY axptguy38 (5 yrs ago)

HK has high rents, yes. However it also has very low tax rates, cheap public transport, cheap clothing and cheap food.

Back to main category

You must be logged in to be able to reply. Login now.