Please help , reply appreciated !!

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Engxpat 9 yrs ago
Hi ,
I wonder if anyone could help me in this ,
I just received a job offer , and it's stated that I have to do many things like contacting a lawyer firm to process my visa ,
It's an employer who suggested me to contact one famous lawyer firm , and they gave me details
Is it correct that :
---------
In compliance with the immigration and labor laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) of the People's Republic of China (PRC), which stipulates that all foreign employees must obtain Foreigners’ Employment License under the General Employment Policy (GEP). In view of that you are required to contact the below certified immigration attorney for their services in procuring Foreigners’ Employment License on your behalf. Remember this is mandatory as your visa and work permit cannot be process without this License. Find below the contact details of the immigration attorney.
I---------
Please help , is this seems as real job offer or fake one ???
Is this right that I should contact a lawyer firm who assigned by the employer ??
How much approx fees for this ( range ) ??

Please help

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
samsonight 9 yrs ago
Sorry, but that's fake.
It's the job of the employer to arrange your work visa.
It might be a scam

Engxpat 9 yrs ago
Thank you for reply ,
The Employer Will arrange air tickets + work visa
But before that I should contact lawyer office for "foreigner licence " which is a process ( step ) before working visa . I shoud pay for " foreigner license " , they said .
Did you heard about these regulations ? Probably is it new ?

samsonight 9 yrs ago
never heard of that. It's got scam written all over it

Engxpat 9 yrs ago
Thank you , so Isit a scam ? How I could know ??
Are aware for the new rules ?
I got a job offer by construction company and the names were real !!

Could you please ask for me if " foreigner license " is my duty ?

I'm very thankful for you
I'm afraid that this offer was fake , I'm civil Engineer by the way , is it hard to get a job in HK in constriction field for English speakers ? I'm from Europe by the way

scorpio01 9 yrs ago
total fake, stay away,

Engxpat 9 yrs ago
Thank you for relpy !
So no need for any lawyer firm when it comes to working visa ?

I'm doubt since all contacts seems very real and the company is very famous with its e-mail like careers @ ----

scorpio01 9 yrs ago
no,

It is employer's duty to arrange a visa, at most they will need your passport and other related documents, and in no case will any employer ask you to contact his lawyer.

and there is nothing like a "foreigner licence " . total fake,

the modus operandi is that they will ask you to contact their lawyer, and the lawyer will ask you to remit money for processing the Visa.

you can try and see where it goes (but just dont send any money).

Engxpat 9 yrs ago
I sent to Employer that I couldn't afford paying to Lawyer , he sent the Following :

The Foreigners=E2=80=99 Employment License is the requirement of the labor
department and it is needed by all international employees in order to
authentic their employment offer, and it is the responsibility of the
employee to secure his/her Foreigners=E2=80=99 Employment License.
We will be responsible for the processing of your visa, work permit and
flight tickets, but you are to process your Foreigners=E2=80=99 Employment =
License
though our account department have guarantee to reimburse you any amount
you spend in processing your license.
Regards,

scorpio01 9 yrs ago
bull shit as i said earlier

play with them if you like, waste their time and frustrate them

but don't be fooled into sending any money.

samsonight 9 yrs ago
This post is a scam itself.

I suggest Ed deletes it. The OP is either a dimwit or attempting to gain traction for this term for setting-up scams by justifying its existence through this thread.

The OP has been wasting our time. I'd never heard of this before and an online search proves it.

Engxpat 9 yrs ago
Samsoninght , I didn't need any rude reply , why some one is BUSY if he /she is free to come to forum , and looking for thread that not of his interest !

Thanks Scorpio ,

I'm thanking people who replied very much ,

I wrote to the employer that I couldn't afford paying to lawyer firm , and told him that since you will re pay for me after this , then why not help to pay directly to lawyer firm
The lawyer firm has sent that they are cooperating with HR of the Employer ( same company that I received offer from )

I'm afraid that the law has changed recently and you guys don't know these updates , though I will not pay for them

I will inform you once I receive from them reply , and I already sent inquiry to immigration dept about this issue ,

I'm waiting their reply ,
Thanks again

One question since I'm civil Engineer , is there boom in construction jobs for English speakers ??

I'm from Sweden by the way

Thanks

scorpio01 9 yrs ago
boom, no,
still demand, yes

though i am not from construction business,

but any company requiring workforce to be imported will get the visa done on its own, they will only need documents from you, thats the pretty standard procedure.

varifran i sverige ?

Engxpat 9 yrs ago
FrĂĄn Stockholm
Thank you , I like the active cities where people can work hard and enrich their experience in international environment , and also earn good pay .

I'm not sure where to look to these jobs !
Internet is fully with bogus information and Employers.

Can someone look to jobs while in visit ? Or it's all at internet ?
I think that Hong Kong is an active fabulous city ! Wow , is it right ?

scorpio01 9 yrs ago
you can look for jobs while visiting, no worries there, just you cant work.

if you look at correct places, you will get the job, specially if you are young and qualified, i am sure you can find a way.

yes HK is good, and its the new destination with swedes after thailand now :-), we dont have 10 freezing months here..

i have a good friend in HK who is from STO, he may help you with related info on a how a swede can migrate here.

Engxpat 9 yrs ago
Yes , please , I need contacts ,
Could you send his contact as PM or what you like ,
Yes Sweden has very tough job situation and weather .
I was working in Dubai for a while , it' was very nice sunny with excellent opportunities too ,
Now in looking for new experience and life style .
My experience in sites as sr.project Engineer and construction Manager .

I like progress at sites , it was very attractive experience in Dubai and I want to practice my experience on another city , especially dynamic ones .

Could I apply to job and wait for visa while in visit , without having to fly out ?

GregYoung 9 yrs ago
It may be fake so I think you have to consult with some good consultancy or Compliance in Hong Kong which can suggest you which will be the best option for you.

mars2012hk 9 yrs ago
It is true that you need nothing more than the Hong Kong visa to work in HK, but would it be possible that this job would require you to work in the Mainland?

To me, this "professional licence" really sounds like they want you to apply for a working (Z) visa for mainland China. If the case that wouldn't be a scam.

I am surprised that they wouldn't pay for it. Maybe they just don't want to be responsible if the visa is refused.

RS

Greene King 9 yrs ago
Link below to the GEP.
http://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/visas/GRP.html

Engxpat 9 yrs ago
Mars, im really not sure , where I supposed to work , but as I know it's Hongkong , and it's costruction company called URS Hong kong .

They told that " foreigner license " is my duty to pay for it to lawyer firm , then after approval of that I should submit ( forward) " foreigner license " with another documents to the Employer , who should then issue my " work Visa " .

Did you get it ? Is it sound fake !? You guys ( your opinion )

The Employer has said that he will reimburse my payment to the Lawyer firm afterwards when work visa will get approval . That's it . They said that all my payment to lawyer firm will be re paid . ( don't worry !)

I sent to Employer to help , in paying to Law firm , they didn't reply ,

scorpio01 9 yrs ago
escape

mars2012hk 9 yrs ago
What you write seems to confirm what I explained earlier: They want you to apply for a work visa for mainland China first (through the lawyer firm, which is nothing special at all), and only if and when this mainland visa request is successful, they will request a work visa in Hong Kong (if your mainland China visa is unsuccessful, you will probably not be hired)

What is strange is that URS is not a small employer, they are an international, US$10b turnover company with 50,000+ employees. I don't see why and how they wouldn't be able to pay for the mainland China visa if they are truly interested in your CV.

If I were you, I would pick up my phone and call the company's switchboard (their office number is on their website) to verify that the offer is not a scam.

Then, they have offices in 30 countries including in Stockholm: call them and have that same discussion in Swedish. Tell them that you don't understand why you have to pay those visa fees in advance and it is not what you would expect from such a big and famous engineering company.

Then you can take your decision with all cards in hand.

RS

Engxpat 9 yrs ago
Fees is not visa fees , as I mentioned , it's for Lawyer firm ,
As they need money as cost for what they will do for me to issue " FOREIGNER Employment LICENSE " which is only part of WORK VISA that Employer should take care .

First step : contact lawyer firm , give them required papers to issue " FOREIGNER EMPLOYMENT LICENSE " and this includes paying their costs and send them some documents ( I have already ) .

2nd Step : forward approved " FOREIGNER EMPLOYMENT LICENSE " with another documents ( I have already ) to the Employer who then take care to issue of WORK VISA .

The Employer said that he will pay two months upfront to me once I validate my employment by doing the FIRST STEP, and he will reimburse all costs I have paid in STEP One .and fly ticket as well .

Did you get it ?

I will ring them to check the contract ( job offer ) . thanks for advice

Thank you guys ,

I will see what will happen later

scorpio01 9 yrs ago
its a scam, get over it
weather is good today in STO, go out for a walk...

mars2012hk 9 yrs ago
Yes I get it.
You must understand that laws in Hong Kong and in mainland China are totally different, like two different countries.

- Foreigner employment license is for working in mainland China.
- Work visa is for working in Hong Kong.

If they want to hire you in Hong Kong in order to send you to work in mainland China, you need both.
This is standard procedure to ask you to get the mainland foreigner employment license first. You would be of no use as an employee to them if the license is refused, that's why you must get that first. If you are unsuccessful, they will not validate your employment and you will not even need a work visa in HK.

None of this sounds like a scam.

Engxpat 9 yrs ago
Ok , I told you "did you get it " means that I explained for you in details

Secondly , I will call them , one is saying it's scam and you said it's not , I have to check it from " job employment Ref." So I will call them to VALIDATE the job offer first .

Thirdly , the problem is paying for LAWYER FIRM , and my question. Could I do "Foreigner Employment License " by myself ?!

Why I have to pay ? Paying is the reason to write here , because always paying for agency before employment is connected to scammers .
Respected/ famous / recognised companies won't do it ! As I know .

I even been to Dubai , and the Employer paid all costs to me , even there lie a risk that I will not attend !
They sent a copy of visa by e-mail to me , and sent ticket upon notifying them when I will come .

Dubai is part of UAE . One out of seven Emirates.

As I said , I will call to identify their job offer and their ID.

I believed that many construction companies are looking for employees especially in Hong Kong and Singapore , but if I failed to take this offer , I will try to manage it by myself , I need some help Of course , if you want please send me your friend contact via private message if you like .

Thanks , i will come to you again upon what happened ,

donaldmateling 9 yrs ago
hi engxpat

can you give an update since I received the same job offer,

JJChan 9 yrs ago
Definitely a scam would not touch it with a barge pole! Your Employer is responsible for applying for a work visa for you. You can not apply for one for yourself your company HAS TO DO IT! They also have to justify why they need a work visa for you and why the job could not be done by a local person. If a company is offering you a job they pay the costs and they are unlikely to use an immigration lawyer to do so and if your employment requires one then they are unlikely to employ you.

Greene King 9 yrs ago
If this was me this is what I would do:

!/ Go to the Immigration Web site http://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/visas/GRP.html
2/Contact HK Immigration Dept. directly
3/Possibly consult an expert
4/Ignore any advice given on line

Hey, this is just me each to their own!

Engxpat 9 yrs ago
JJCHAN , the tricky part is that they said that they will reimburse all what you have paid ! Even for lawyer !

Donald, I called URS HK office, they didn't give much information , because I told them that I have Ref. No and I wanted to check , they didn't give that chance to check but they said that there have been many scammers recently who are using our name , and they said that any thing related to money before employment means that this is scam , because we URS never ask for money .
Before that I contacted with e-mails the URS (scam) and they insisted that they will reimburse any money used toward securing "Foreigner licence " and we will take care about visa after this ( step 2 ) read my previous post, ).
And they will pay two months I advance once visa secured and fly tickets they will take care .
I myself , forgot the idea , as Civil Engineer I have many options whether in other companies in HK ( I will apply ) OR any part of the world ., UK , UAE as well needs many Civil Engineers as construction Manager or project managers or QA/QC Engineers or resident Engineers or even Project or site Engineers.
The point that I have many chances expect Sweden and some ( not all ) non English speaking countries .
Even though that I have fluent Swedish , but this didn't help anymore especially for university graduates , because vocational institutions ( YH ,, ) plus networking and opening market for cheap Professionals from other poor EU countries and non-EU have unfortunately minimised our chances .

scorpio01 9 yrs ago
i think you are the ones who will learn after getting scammed... please do send them money..

donaldmateling 9 yrs ago
hi engspat,

Definitely its a scam,
https://www.linkedin.com/company/urs-corporation

Engxpat 9 yrs ago
Scorpio & Donald , I told you , just read , I cancelled the idea , I'm looking for another companies , read please

scorpio01 9 yrs ago
wise decision.

Engxpat 9 yrs ago
Thank you

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad