Dependant visa frustrations - please help.

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Alco87 11 yrs ago
Here is the background info:

I am UK national, my girlfriend is UK national with HKID.

We both want to relocate to HK.

I have been offered a job, but my employment visa refused due to experience reasons.

I am currently employed by HK company, working through our UK location. HK are still paying my wages and supporting my application/appeal for reconsideration. However they have asked if we would consider marriage and entry on a dependant visa. We have been together 7 years and yes, were considering marriage anyway so we would consider this option.

Here is the dilemma, and where I could do with advice:

My partner is not employed in HK, yet. She is a qualified teacher, and will need to look for work. Therefore she does not have regular income, however we have just sold our house in the UK, and she will take the money in her account.

Also, her parents have said we are welcome to stay with them whilst setting up - free accommodation. They own the house.

Is marriage, in my instance, a credible solution to this matter? I don't believe the HKID take into consideration my job, and wage in HK - which is waiting for me until I get my own ID card.

It is important to note that we are speaking with immigration consultants too, but with my growing frustrations - sold house, new job, refused visa, general BS - I wanted to take action and speak with the wonderful world of Asiaxpat in the mean time...

Any help greatly received, thanks.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
smp6 11 yrs ago
Hi there, not sure if you're still in the UK or finally made it to Hong Kong. If you're serious about moving to Hong Kong then has your employer contacted a visa consultant? We used Prism Consultants and they were very helpful. If your girlfriend has a Hong Kong ID - and her parents do too - then you may be able to get a spouse visa in a few weeks to work in Hong Kong. The visa consultants will ask for her parents address and copies of their ID cards - front and back. We did this a few years ago and it was pretty easy. Also they will ask for the marriage certificate and (unbelievably) they asked to see our wedding photos, which we handed over. Good luck!

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad