Scammer postiing as Scam

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by &&& 10 yrs ago
Hi People,

I got hailed by a dubious buyer for an iPhone I am selling on this site.

Like with many fellow expats, I responded to giving him a “seldom used” email address. So far so good as I was moving with caution recalling the warnings I have read on this site.

Reason posting this is because I wish to learn from the collective wisdom out there --- what is his real, NEXT motive ?

As can be gleaned from my reply to him : I have no desire to trade with him but just wondering what can he do to me if I were to stipulate that the item won’t be delivered until ALL payment has been cleared ? Wouldn’t that be a step that would call his bluff ? More than curious.

Or, should I suspect that he will change his request and ask to switch to PayPal at another "urgent" request ?

Just wish to be informed by those of you who are more worldly out there what is up his sleeves next ?

------------------------------------------------------------------

DB = DUBIOUS BUYER

Me, the Seller

DUBIOS BUYER : hello seller but here am paying for the shipping cost and the cost of the item first then after the transfer of your money you will item to my address

ME : sorry, not dealing with an overseas buyer. this is what the Editor of this site has warned us about.

BUYER :

hi,

what do you mean seller

am not asking you to send the item without sending you the money first. i will like you to know am buying this urgently and i will like you to get back to me with the total cost now including the shipping cost as well so we can proceed with the transfer

ME :

Hi Jonny James,

Item will not be traded with you. The offer is suspicious. This is very similar to the scam Asiaxapt has warned us about. Unless you pay in real HK dollars up front, no deal. No FEDEX or DHL.

HELLO SELLER

AM SORRY FOR THE LATER REPLY ,

I AM CURRENTLY IN UK BUT I WILL LIKE YOU TO KNOW AM BUYING THIS URGENTLY FOR MY WIFE AS XMAS GIFT IN USA AND I WILL LIKE YOU TO GET BACK TO ME NOW WITH THE CONDITION OF THE ITEM,THE TOTAL COST YOU WISH TO SELL INCLUDING THE SHIPPING COST,

DUE TO THE URGENCY I WILL LIKE YOU TO SEND THE ITEM THROUGH DHL OR FEDEX.

GET BACK TO ME NOW ITS URGENT..........

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
&&& 10 yrs ago
Typo.

Title should read : Scammer postiing as Buyer

Slammy 10 yrs ago
Hi, you should read the post in the "feedback" forum, they have a huge extensive explanation about this scam.

Ed 10 yrs ago
http://hongkong.asiaxpat.com/forums/website-problems-feedback/threads/141796/pay-pal-scam/

hk0623 10 yrs ago
Same guy... different address

To:

Sent: Wednesday, February 5, 2014 3:18 PM

Subject: Re:Bank infor needed for Nikon D3100 body

thanks for the reply i told u am buying this urgently so i will like you to get back to me now with you full bank details now for the transfer

bank name

bank acct number

acct name

swift code

bank address

Here is the shipping address bellow

NAME.................AKEREMALE OLUWABUNMI

COUNTRY.......NIGERIA

STATE..........OYO

CITY.........IBADAN

ADDRESS........FLAT 2 SANGO BARRACK SANGO POLY ROAD

CELL ............2347034320790

reply me asap i will buy it today

To: sango olopa

Sent: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 10:23 PM

Subject: Re: condition needed for Nikon D3100 body

Hello

The condition is like new. The selling price is US$235. I am nor sure of the shipping cost but I imagine it will be around US$20.

If I don't receive the payment today I cannot sell as I am going away tomorrow.

Many thanks

To:

Sent:

Subject: Re:condition needed for Nikon D3100 body

HELLO SELLER

AM SORRY FOR THE LATER REPLY ,I WANT YOU TO KNOW AM BUYING THIS AS GIFT FOR A CLIENT OF MINE IN WEST AFRICA NIGERIA

I AM CURRENTLY IN USA BUT I WILL LIKE YOU TO KNOW AM BUYING THIS URGENTLY AND I WILL LIKE YOU TO GET BACK TO ME NOW WITH THE CONDITION OF THE ITEM,THE TOTAL COST YOU WISH TO SELL INCLUDING THE SHIPPING COST,

DUE TO THE URGENCY I WILL LIKE YOU TO SEND THE ITEM THROUGH DHL OR FEDEX.

GET BACK TO ME NOW ITS URGENT

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad