What am I suppose to do?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Baru 10 yrs ago
i'm sat at a fairwood fast food restaurant in shatin ikea building waiting for my wife and daughter to join me. a western woman came along and placed her bags on one of the chairs and i said politely the seats are taken as she was a party of three. she just waltzed away to one of the many empty tables in here. so i continued playing on my phone. to my disgust i looked up and noticed the woman mouth something and the kids turned around and looked at me as if i was hogging the table?!

i was polite in saying the table was taken but to give me such a dirty look? how should one behave in such circumstances?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
woods99 10 yrs ago

Ignore her. How long have you lived in Hong Kong? My guess is that you are relatively new to the place. Hong Kong and its people (local and expatriate) can be a bit wearing if you let them get to you. My advice is, learn to put up with these sorts of incidents. The place is a competitive pressure cooker for some, for most probably - housing is cramped, the streets and transport are always crowded, life can be tough.

This incident says something about her state of mind - do not let it affect yours.

Baru 10 yrs ago
yes i ignored her. sticks and stones...

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad