Where can you buy sorrel in HK?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Tcath 10 yrs ago
Hello there! I am desperately looking for a place where I can find sorrel (fresh or frozen) in HK. Even the usual suspects like Citysuper, ParknShop, etc don't have it. Thanks a lot in advance! C

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Herr Torquewrench 10 yrs ago
I'm afraid you are probably out of luck trying to buy fresh sorrel here - have you tried Gresham Street Market in Central? However, if you have somewhere where you can keep a pot/box, it grows quite well from seed. You are unlikely to find sorrel seeds for sale here (we tried) but they are easily purchased from overseas mail order companies. Hope this helps!

Tcath 10 yrs ago
Thanks for the information Herr Torquewrench! Farmers in HK don't grow sorrel indeed (or even know what it is) as I found out. I tried the Star Ferry Pier Sunday market yesterday - there I met one of the project assistants of the Kadoorie Farm who kindly offered to grow a small pot for me for 20 HKD that I can then use to grow larger amounts at home. So the best option is indeed to grow it yourself from seeds. I don't know Gresham Street Market - where is it? I can't seem to find it on the Internet. Thanks a lot again for your help!

community advice 10 yrs ago
Herr Torquewrench probably means Graham St market in Central. Some of the shops like Wah Kee on the corner of Gage St and Graham St have a good selection of fresh herbs but I don't recall seeing sorrel.

However, you can get sorrel at Zen Organic Farm in the NT. Contact Joey, joey@zeno.com.hk or 61922671.

Hope that helps.

Community Advice Bureau

Tcath 10 yrs ago
Thanks a lot for the clarification. I have tried the Graham St market, especially the Wah Kee shop as they do have a large selection indeed but they didn't have sorrel unfortunately... I will contact Zen Organic Farm, thanks for the contact!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad