british citizen want to move in hongkong

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by pruegrg 10 yrs ago
Hello,

My mom's a british citizen by naturalization and she wants to move to HK and live with me. I checked in the British consulate website and found that british citizen can reside here free visa for upto 6months so after 6 months do we need to apply for visa and how long will the HK IMMD extend the period of stay? pls help.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Susie1 10 yrs ago
You are correct, Britiish citizens are only allowed to stay in Hk for six months, unless you are a HK born national with a full residents permit, you would not be able to get your mum to live in HK.

The immigration dept website has lots of information on who is entitled, just google HK Imm permanent resident visas.

punter 10 yrs ago
Check if you can apply for a depdendent visa for your mom (if you have a working visa, or you're a permanent resident, you can apply for a dependent visa for her). I think the age requirement is 60, or was it 65?

Hugie 10 yrs ago
punter is correct. I did it for my mum. She was 70 when I applied. I think it is 65 years old but not fixed. She will not be able to work, but she will get an ID card. I am a PR here. Not sure if that matters........

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad