Local contract

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by mimi72 10 yrs ago
My husband got a job offer in HK under local contract. The monthly salary Will be 80000hk$ ( all inclusive) no benefit. Our kids are in international school. Will be that be enough h to survive in HK?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
F100 10 yrs ago
Hi mimi,

you really need to provide more information in order to properly answer your question.

for example, how many kids do you have?

what is the minimum square feet of space that would be acceptable for you.

rent in HK is very expensive. check out some Hk real estate websites.

food in HK is also very expensive. for example, Milk is much more expensive that it would be in the US, or Canada.

if you requre over 1500 sq feet and you have 3 kids or more in International school, then in my opinion,

$80,000 per month will not be enough to cover:

rent, electricity, TV and internet, food, transportation, water, gas, medical insurance and schools fees.

also, if you have read the previous posts, getting into an international school can be quite a problem.

there is a waiting list for many of the international schools.

there have been parents that have resorted to homeschooling their kids or having to move back because they were unable to secure places for their kids.

i strongly suggest you do more research before you decide to relocate the family.

Good luck.

mimi72 10 yrs ago
Thank you F100 for your reply. In fact I'm already in HK and my 3 kids are in Esf school. My husband s expat contract is ending on July. Means to

Go back to Europe. We

Don't want to go back as we do prefer to

Live here I'm HK . We already managed to find another job. But will be on local contract at 80000Hk$ a month with No benefits. Now I'm living in 1900sqf in southside. Is 45000$ will get me a good size appartement at least we will need 1500sqf.

punter 10 yrs ago
It's going to be enough. Your family just needs to make some adjustments.

F100 10 yrs ago
Dear Mimi,

It's great that your kids have a space already at an ESF school. That's one major hurdle that you have overcome.

Best to get a property agent to help you find an apartment in your price range.

You can do some research on your own by going through some property websites.

Best to look for Older apartments that don't have clubhouses but make up for it by having more space and higher ceilings than the newer places.

It's good that you are in HK now, you can have a better estimate of what your monthly spending expenses will be.

best of luck.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad