Just established a business entity, now what?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by IrishCanadian 10 yrs ago
Hi there.....I am a dual Irish-Canadian citizen, currently living between Toronto and Ho Chi Minh City. I am planning to move to HK soon to live with my (HK) girlfriend. That's the easy part I think. I have established a HK LTD company version of my Canadian based INC - which is a global supply chain management and technology consulting & advisory practice. My clients are literally all over the world and range from industry to governments to inter-governmental agencies. My questions are as follows:

1. is it more beneficial to route all my business through HK for (legal) tax benefits ?

2. 100% of my work is outside of HK. In light of this, what kind of visa should I apply for? I don't think the investors visa is the right one as I may not create jobs here but will look for clients for sure

Any other guidance would be very welcome, I know HK well and have been here nearly monthly for 5 or 6 years. Love it here but any tips on business associations or relevant groups to connect with would be welcomed. Noting I have represented the HK industry/gov. at APEC in areas like food security up to recently and my expertise is at a very senior level and in the areas of supply chain, traceability, recall, anti-counterfeit, supply chain transparency, innovation, technology, food security, food safety and the broader areas of product and consumer safety.

Cheers and thanks.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
charmant200147 10 yrs ago
Hi Dual Irish.

Hong Kong is a great place, you will love it for sure!

As per visa, if you do not have a full time job with a HK company, but want to establish your own — you need to apply for investment visa. ( there are two types of them, one is with huge capital investment, second with outstanding business plan and idea); another options is to get QMAS which is a quality immigration program, so you collect points for age, education, language skills, etc. Clearly a much faster and better option for you is Investment ( the one with a great business plan/idea). More info on visas are at government website http://www.immd.gov.hk/en/services/hk-visas/index.html

If you decide to go with it, then you need to travel to HK, get your business plan sorted and written, funds secured, register a company here, collect all the docs and apply. I would suggest to go through a visa consultant. They do cost a bit, but way more effective and save time.

To register a company here, also either go with a cheap local provider for about 1000 USD, or with a professional one that would charge around 2,500 USD. Again, I would advice to go with quality, because these people will be your “company secretary” and lead all government related communication/enquiries, so you want them to know their thing.

The plan— come to HK first, register the company, sort out the visa agent, while relocating and establishing business operations here, — work on your visa.

When you are in HK, just drop a line, would be happy to give a couple more tips.

Warmest Regards,

Ashley Galina Dudarenok

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad