PR Application Question - Please help

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by DaperGent 10 yrs ago
Heres the scenario - I hit the 7 year mark 1 month from now and have just submitted my PR application (ROP 145 and 146 along with supporting docs) in advance so could be invited into the immigration office anytime onwards from 1 months time.

However, my employer is requesting to relocate me to the otherside of the world towards the end of next month which leaves me just a few days following the time I hit the 7 year mark.

Question is can I leave HK (to relocate) in the coming weeks and then simply fly back for a few days as and when I get invited into the immigration office for my interview or will exiting HK in the meantime invalidate the PR process?

Appreciate any guidance that can be provided.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
wtbhotia 10 yrs ago
sure you can leave, just dont inform immigration that you are moving on, dont take out your mpf if you have one. once you get the interview notice or some notice just fly back for the interview.

Make sure you get the PR, dont just give up on it, I have friends that have moved on near the 7 year mark without getting the PR and really regretting it.

once you get the PR, you need to fly back to HK once very 36 month to continue keeping PR or you will be changed to RTL (right to land), only difference is that you cant vote , you cant be kicked out of HK, you dont get the money from govt handouts :)

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad