HELP DO I NEED A CONVERTER FOR MY TOASTER OVEN WITH US POLARISED PLUG??

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by pg1 8 yrs ago
We bought a toaster oven from the US and wondering if we need a converter for it??

'CUISINART Chefs convection toaster overn TOB-260'

It currently does not fit into the standard hk adaptors, as one of the prongs is wider than the other. (Does this mean it is a 'Polarised plug??)

The guy in the hardware store suggested I get the cord changed over by an electrician, so the plug is compatible with HK outlets.

Not sure what to do or where to buy the appropriate adaptor or converter! OR if I should get the cord changed!

PLS HELP

(I have some dough that has fully risen and waiting to go into the oven, hence the urgent tone of the thread lol)

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
JennyTalia 8 yrs ago
NO !!!!! Don't even consider plugging it in - unless you want a flash & the mains fuses to trip out.

At least you are luckier than some North Americans who ship their TV's across - in HK they are only good for "Boat Anchors".

Okay, so you COULD get a 220 Volt to 110 Volt step-down transformer, but: NOT only are they expensive but they have to be BIG to supply the current required by your device.

\Grin| Keep putting the "dough" into the oven - not in fixing burned out devices that don't like a "double dose" of higher voltage than they were expecting \grin mode off\.

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad