Inquiry about Dependent Visa Application

Search  
ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Jasmine22B 9 yrs ago
Hello All,

My husband & i, we are both from Bangladesh. He is on IANG Visa in Hong Kong. We got married early in April this year when he came in Bangladesh for a month, after that he went back to Hong Kong in May and on 6th May applied for a Dependent Visa for me, in person and directly to the Immigration Office in Hong Kong. There he received a small card containing Application Reference Number, Date of Application, Name of Applicant, etc. We have been told by other applicants that we would receive an acknowledgement letter, within a week, containing another Application Reference Number which could be used to view dependent visa status online. But we haven't received an acknowledgement letter yet. So my husband contacted the Immigration Department and they said that we will not receive any acknowledgement letter as my husband submitted the application in person and directly to the immigration office. Acknowledgement letters are sent to those who send application by post/airmail and generally reside outside of Hong Kong. The reference number that we have received on that small card is my actual applicant reference number. And we won't be able to see the visa application status online too, it is again for those who send the application by post/airmail.

I have seen that an application reference number should be like this: XXXX-XXXXXXX-XX
But mine is like: XXXX-XXX-XX
So I'm missing 4 digits in the second part of the application reference number.
My husband said that my application number is different, again because he has submitted the application directly in person to the immigration department.

I am very confused about all of these. Is it really that acknowledgement letter are sent to those who submit their applications from another country by post/airmail? Is it also the same for checking visa status online? And should my application reference number be the way it is now?

Any reply/suggestion/advice would be very helpful :)

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
scorpio01 9 yrs ago
you can simply check the status here with the reference number you have received

http://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/nonpermanent/appstatusenq.htm

if you doubt that the reference is wrong simply email to Immigration,

AFIAIR even applications submitted in person receive an acknowledgement card by post, but last time i did that i received it after 2-3 weeks,

BTW what is IANG visa ? never heard of that term before.

Jasmine22B 9 yrs ago
Thanks for your reply. Can't use the online service to check visa status as we were told it is for those who send application through post :( IANG visa is granted to those who have studied in Hong Kong, so that they can work there i think, that's what my husband said.

scorpio01 9 yrs ago

i remember personally applying for a visa (a visit visa though) and i did get acknowledgement via post.

it could be different for IANG visa

In any case you can forward your concern to immigration via email, they do reply back .

Jasmine22B 9 yrs ago
Thanks again :) Yes I have sent an email already. Waiting for reply from them.

scorpio01 9 yrs ago
keep us updated..
welcome to HK in advance

there is a vibrant bangla community here, you will enjoy it here...

Jasmine22B 9 yrs ago
Oh I didn't know, thought only a few Bangladeshi live in Hong Kong. Are you by any chance from Bangladesh?
:)

scorpio01 9 yrs ago
No, i am not, but i have bangla guys working in my office

also i meet them in Masjid, lots of them, you wont get lost

i will introduce you guys to some bangla families when you arrive here

Jasmine22B 9 yrs ago
Thanks very much :) That's very sweet of you :)

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad