Need advise on Nursery/Kindergarten schools for my 3.3 years old kid

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by bhatiarajeev 9 yrs ago
I moved from India to Hong Kong with my family in Jan'15 beginning and am currently searching for an appt in HK Island (near Quarry Bay) or Hung Hom (Kowloon).

I have a son who is 3.3 years old. I understand he will go to nursery/kindergarten schools in Hong Kong. But I am not sure which location I should choose considering the probability of his admission of school mid-term.

Few considerations -

He understands English little bit, but does not speak much. He is more fluent in Hindi.
I'm planning to find an accommodation starting 01-Feb and then look for schools. I have not applied for any school yet.

Please advise whether I'm following correct approach and which location I should prefer (Quarry Bay or Hung Hom or some other place).

Thank you.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
gallu 9 yrs ago
Hi rajeev
Staying in hung hom or tst is better as you will have lots of Indians .
Regarding schools there are lots of schools in hung hom
You need to select from esf schools like Williams in hung hom
Or Deborah over there
There is PLK also in hung hom which is local school.a very good school.

Good bargains 9 yrs ago
Hi, you can also consider staying in Taikoo Shing on HK side. It's super convenient there and it's got an Indian community as well. There would be more options with kindergartens around that area:
- Wembley
- Saint Anna Anglo
- Victoria
- Kornhill
- Island Children Montessori
- Dominic Savio

Alternatively a little farther away in Tai Tam there is:
- EtonHouse
- Tutor Time
- Woodlands

There should be places available in all those kindergartens.

Good luck!

Divs 9 yrs ago
Hi all!

Great to find this thread.We are moving to HK from India by mid-April.We have a 3 yr old kid.He finishes his Nursery here by March.Looking to stay nearby Kowloon,New Territories,Discovery Bay or Tung Chung areas. Could you please help us with some suggestions of some good ESF schools around these areas?Should we start the admission process from India itself before we move?Any idea when does the admission year start in such schools?Thank you!
Rajeev,Would be great to get an update from your side as well!

Mac-010 9 yrs ago
If you are looking for Local Kindergarten, in Canto; there is a facebook group (for non Chinese Speakers).., lots of good info there. Cantonese School Parents Group...

Divs 9 yrs ago
Thank you,MAC-010.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad