Tailor for pants/suits?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by bostondude 13 yrs ago
hi everyone....was wondering if you guys have any recommendations for good tailors for pants/suits...

I've been using Nita Fashion on Mody Rd in Kowloon for the last 4 years for shirts...i get a few whenever i'm in town....so far i've gotten 25 shirts from them at around US$40 each...the quality is not bad (if you can overlook the occasional loose thread) and the fit is good.

I'd like to get higher quality suits/pants and was curious who do you guys use? Nita Fashion quotes me US$125 per pants...I was able to negotiate it down to US$90 but I think maybe I can get higher quality for not much more somewhere else?

Thanks!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
bostondude 13 yrs ago
oh yeah, i should add that another reason i want to try another tailor is because i didn't like the 2 suits i got from Nita Fashion 4 years ago...fit's not great and the material seems to be low quality...i don't quite remember what i paid...

roger9999 13 yrs ago
Hi Bostundude ..... I have recommended Hiro in TST to many guys . He has been doing this for 40 years in HK and has a wide variety of samples and quality choice . Prices are similar to what you mentioned . He works only with regular and referred customers . Hope you like him . His number is 92885171.

MAXHKU 8 yrs ago
Concerning Nita fashion, be careful with their fabric: We asked for two 100% wool suis. They gave us a fabric that was supposedly "Super 120 cashmere-wool". Well, it was obvious that there was no cashmere in it but that did not matter to us. We just wanted suits with no polyester (what they confirmed).

To be on the safe side, we attached a sample of the fabric to our bill.

During the first fitting session, we got suspicious because the suits felt very artificial. So we burnt a little bit of the sample. It smelled terrible. You could tell from the smell and how the fabric burnt, that there was definitely a certain percentage of polyester in it.

We confronted them with our discovery and showed them the sample. They just pretended to not understand our problem. So, be careful!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad