domestic helper wife to dependants visa

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Nice87 7 yrs ago
Hello, I just want to ask or I need opinion..Im working here in hongkong as domestic helper..if we will apply dependants visa for me this year do I need to break my contract first before applying that visa or just wait until it will be release?
I hope to know your response..
Thank you

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
gjcarey 7 yrs ago
In my experience last year, before you can collect the visa, you will need a release letter from your employer. You don't need to write your termination letter before beginning the application for a dependent visa, but you may need to write it during the process if your employer insists on a full month's notice and how that fits the process of approval.

It's probably a good idea to explain the situation to your employer (assuming this is not your husband) in order that everybody knows what's happening.

Nice87 7 yrs ago
Thanks GJCAREY,
Im stay in working in my chinese employer now,is it possible that the dependants visa will arrived or I can get it although im still working in my employer?

Nice87 7 yrs ago
By the way He is just resident here in hongkong but not permanent yet..but he works in a big company.can he apply dependant visa for me?

gjcarey 7 yrs ago
In my experience you can apply and be approved for a dependent visa while working under a DH contract. However, you can't collect the visa without a termination or similar letter from your employer.

If your husband has employment visa for HK, I believe he can apply for you as a married dependent.

G

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad