2 bedroom fully furnished apartment needed.

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by FrankyBear 8 yrs ago
Hi.

I move to HK next month. I have a job, just waiting on the visa. My wife and 8 year old will follow once i'm settled.

I have a month in a hotel in HK in Wan Chai area. Then need to find my own place.

My company are giving me $25,000 a month for rent. I know it will be difficult to get a decent place on HK for that. It must be fully furnished.
My office is over on the new territories but i know the public transport in HK is second to none so traveling to work won't be that big a deal for me. I will most likely be shift working too.

Will it be difficult to find somewhere for that amount with the spec i want? My wife says she doesn't want to be above the 10/12th floor. (my work will pay the deposit too)

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
FrankyBear 8 yrs ago
Thanks Shekoally.....i'd like to be n Kowloon area. My Wife is Thai so be nice for her to be near the Thai community.

FrankyBear 8 yrs ago
Yeah....that would be good esp when i am at work. Hopefully get a few friends too

FrankyBear 8 yrs ago
I'm not "worried" at all. But it will be her first time living abroad. She's an amazing cook so it'll be nice for her to be able to not walk too far to get the stuff she wants.

She's been with me on a holiday to HK and loved it.

FrankyBear 8 yrs ago
Thanks Camillelite

camillelite 8 yrs ago
Welcome.

FrankyBear 8 yrs ago
I found a few real nice two bedroom serviced apartments in Kowloon. Do you think they are a good place to stay long term with a family?

FrankyBear 8 yrs ago
HMMM.......interesting. it's not something i ever thought of before with a wife and kid. It could be a goer as a lot less hassle. Plenty of them about.

Am i right in saying that prices are always negotiable to what the price says on the website? I am going for the long term as it stands. Basically i'd like to say HK will be home for ever more now....

FrankyBear 8 yrs ago
I'm 42 and never had a mortgage. I've always rented. I'm an oil worker and have been hit hard with this down turn. I'll arrive in HK with not a lot of money. The money i do have (not much) is staying in Thailand just incase this doesn't work out.

I don't want to jump into anything long term like a mortgage just yet. That will be a few years down the line i think. Plus i doubt i'd get one without some sort of credit rating in the country??

I like the idea of living in a more rural area, not just yet though. I'd rather things are with in walking distance for the wife ATM.

Ultimately it will be down to where i get the kid into school. That is number 1 above all else. Ruth from this board is going to help me with that.

Thanks for all the info. My Visa application went in 3 weeks ago today, my HR department says it will take around 6 weeks. The second it's issued i'll be on a plane from Bkk to HK.

FrankyBear 8 yrs ago
I do NOT want to live Rural mate.

I pay the school fee's , company pays my rent.

FrankyBear 8 yrs ago
New Territories. But school is number 1. If i need to get bed an hour early to get to work but we are close to the kids school that's fine.

FrankyBear 8 yrs ago
Near the Gold Coast. I looked at the Gold Coast residences but they seemed expensive for a 2 bed furnished place. And i'm told the school will be nearly impossible to get in.

My Daughter has English as her second language and it might not be good enough for some schools i've been told. She's 8

FrankyBear 8 yrs ago
CAT.

I hear you. But myself and my wife want her to have a western education, preferably the UK system.

FrankyBear 8 yrs ago
We are very Pro for her learning Mandarin. I'd rather my kid didn't have any religion pressed on her at School.

FrankyBear 8 yrs ago
Thanks again. All great info.

sunshine929 8 yrs ago
I think you need to look at schools first because that will be your biggest headache.

a

FrankyBear 8 yrs ago
Sunshine that is in hand mate. Thanks a lot :D

My visa application went in 4 weeks ago this past weds....so hoping i get it soon

FrankyBear 8 yrs ago
That's me now in Hong Kong. I got her Sunday so once I find my feet a bit more I'll be on the lookout.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad