Need transport for two surfboards to Country park , Sai Kung

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by luke_jay77 14 yrs ago
I am wondering if anyone can suggest the contact details of a man with a van, who has access to the country park in Sai Kung. I need to get two surfboards to the end of Sai Wan rd. I'd take a taxi but one board is 7 foot 6 inches long, so doesn't fit in a taxi.

Regards,

Luke

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Riceman 14 yrs ago
I think this is a tough one unless you know someone with a van that lives inside the permit zone. alternatively, you could be cheeky and ask that dog kennel up the hill just past the guard post to see if they can help you out (forget the name but could be Ferndale or similar) and say you'd be willing to make a donation to their services?

Good luck

Ed 14 yrs ago
See the Man with a Van ad lower portion of this page http://hongkong.asiaxpat.com/directory/

luke_jay77 14 yrs ago
Thanks Riceman, I am considering giving them a call, as yet I haven't been able to sort anything out. Also, thanks ed.

luke_jay77 14 yrs ago
I must add ed, the man with a van, once again, has been unhelpful.

luke_jay77 14 yrs ago
In case any other surfers face the same problem. I was able to catch a taxi from the gates of the Sai Kung Country Park. The 7 foot 6 inches surfboard went in across the backseat of the taxi with the nose out the window. The taxi driver was happy to do this. Getting the board to the gates of the Country Park required organising a man with a van; not the one advertised on this site. The two numbers I used to organise the van were 25666857 and 28071390.

Riceman 14 yrs ago
glad to hear you managed to sort it out luke!

jeremymccarthy 9 yrs ago
Some things I have learned about traveling with a surfboard in Hong Kong:
1. An 8' surfboard WILL fit completely inside a taxi (I just posted a pic of this on the Hong Kong Surf facebook page.)
2. Longer than 8' will not fit inside, you should hire a van.
3. Most taxis will not strap a board on the roof (they will get a ticket)
4. Some will make an exception for a big tip (I had to do this once when I arrived to airport late at night.)
5. You CANNOT check a surfboard longer than 6' at Airport Express.
6. You CAN leave a surfboard in storage at Airport Express (HK$90 for less than 3 hours, $120 for more than 3 hours.)
7. I managed to bring the 8' board onto Airport Express train, but it's probably against the rules and if the train is crowded, you could have a problem.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad