How to get international driver's license in HK

Search  
ORIGINAL POST
Posted by carmine 15 yrs ago
I am going to the US next week and realized my US driver license had expired..does anyone know if I can apply for an international license here so I can drive there, and how long it will take to process?

thanks!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
punter 15 yrs ago
It was discussed in this forum before. Just search for it. Basically you need to bring your local driver's licence, recent photo, and your wallet to your nearest Transport Dept office. It takes about an hour (more or less, depending on the number of customers being served).

Ed 15 yrs ago
I'll confirm that - you or your rep can bring the papers to the DMV and they will get you a licence on the spot

janes addiction 15 yrs ago
But you don't need an intl drivers license to drive in the US on a HK drivers license.

An international drivers license just provides a translation of an existing drivers license into other languages, but you still need an underlying license. If OP only has a US drivers license (which is expired) best bet is for him/her to get a HK drivers license. They gave me one with my (4-5 month) expired US license pretty easily. No test needed.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad