Hong Kong Dependant Visa 2015

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Alphamale212 9 yrs ago
I'm a 28 year old Pakistani guy living in Pakistan. I got married to a Pakistani girl with Hong Kong Permanent Residence last December. My wife applied for my dependant visa 4 weeks ago alongwith all the relevant documents and she got the acknowledgment from the immigration department the same week. No one from immigration department has yet contacted me or my wife or asked for any further documents. My wife is in family way with twins and needs me to take care of her in this condition. In any case, I want to be with her before her due date , which is 20th October. I've read online that it takes more than usual 4-6 weeks for any one from South Asia to get his dependant visa approved. I just want to be with my wife before my children are born. I just wanna know how should I proceed with my case? Do you think it would be a good idea to get a certificate from doctor about her condition and submit it to authorities? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
scorpio01 9 yrs ago
you can not do much,

yes, if she is in HK then get a certificate and expected due dates and forward to immi for consideration and faster processing.

mars2012hk 9 yrs ago
What about applying for a 30-day tourist visa, wait one or two weeks and come over?
If your dependent visa is late you can certainly provide evidence of the dependent visa request and your wife's status, and get your tourist visa prolonged.
When you receive your dependent visa, all you have to do is a return trip to Macau and re-enter the territory with your valid dependent visa.

scorpio01 9 yrs ago
pakistani dont have visa on arrival in Macau.. pretty tight for them

Alphamale212 9 yrs ago
Yes she is in Hong Kong and I'll tell her to get the letter from hospital and submit it to immigration department. Anyone here knows how long does it take to obtain a 30 days tourist visa and would it effect the decision of dependant visa since it's already in the pipeline?

scorpio01 9 yrs ago
its always case to case basis.. i think they should issue a visa if she is due soon for delivery..

Alphamale212 8 yrs ago
I still haven't got the visa. The case officer wants the birth certificate of my children now. It's getting frustrating.

scorpio01 8 yrs ago
send them whatever they need,
send them a polite letter to expedite the processing as there is no one to take care of your wife.

Alphamale212 8 yrs ago
Submitted the certs on Friday. Now the visa officer has said that you'll know the outcome of the application with in two weeks. I hope they don't take longer

latex 8 yrs ago
they are usually good with keeping their committed timeline.

hope everything will go well for you

Alphamale212 8 yrs ago
Got my visa approved today. It's been a tough ride but all is well that ends well. Thank you guys for your support.

scorpio01 8 yrs ago
good, congrats
u can PM me if u have any issues when u arrive in HK...

u will adjust quickly, there is good pak community here.

Alphamale212 8 yrs ago
Sure man! Thanks

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad