My wife lost her laptop in a taxi

Search  
ORIGINAL POST
Posted by CL4504 7 yrs ago
My wife lost her laptop in a taxi this morning on her way to work at Quarry Bay. We found the taxi plate number (TZ9499) through the front gate surveillance video. We made tons of calls, but without any luck. The taxi lost-and-found hotlines only record the case but can't do anything further. Hong Kong has so many taxi companies and it is impossible to find the company and its driver, even if we know the plate number. Someone suggests that we go to the Transportation Department Licensing Office and pay a little money to the staff member to get the drive's name and phone number. Does anyone have any ideas and suggestions?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
aina1 7 yrs ago
Hi, try on this number ,2574 7311 taxi center.

aina1 7 yrs ago
Hotline 1872920 try on this.

Kulafu 7 yrs ago
What if the next passenger got your wife's laptop as the driver may not have noticed that she had left it.

Oh well, i hope you get a hold of that driver and he have kept it for you to claim.

CL4504 7 yrs ago
Thank you for the information, AINA1. My wife filed a report yesterday with a police station. She received a call last night from the police who got her laptop back. He first contacted the owner of the vehicle with the plate number we provided, and then found the driver. A big applause to Hong Kong police for their responsiveness and efficiency.

KULAFU, thank you for your concern. I think your concern is valid and actually I heard that some drivers kept the lost property themselves and used the claim in front of police. So we were lucky this time.

Kulafu 7 yrs ago
Great to know she got her laptop back! =) Cheers!

aina1 7 yrs ago
Perfect, enjoy and your laptop.

RobertSamuelson 7 yrs ago
Incredible. As backwards as HK is in so many ways, it's great to know that HK police are true professionals. A continued bright spot in a sea of muck. HK gov't is otherwise a cruel joke.

Baap 7 yrs ago
HK gov't is otherwise a cruel joke.

Couldn't have said it better. How sad!!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad