Reasonably priced carpet or rug

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by gabercro 19 yrs ago
Alice in Wonderland- How much/what size was the carpet that you bought as I am after floor coverings myself. I dont want anything too expensive as my children will ruin them.

Thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
gabercro 19 yrs ago
Does anybody know where the Carpet store on Lockhart Road Is?? What number?? Need rugs or carpet edged.

gabercro 19 yrs ago
Sorry!!!!!! Must have missed something as I wanted the details NOT Repulse Bay!! If you can read I re-started the thread and I dont have a driver otherwise I wouldn't be asking the question.

fairybell 19 yrs ago
Thank you Trudeau. Thats exactly what I need

justamo 19 yrs ago
Oow you mentioned the kids, with or without carpets, dust will appear. carpets will trap dust thus keeping it out of eyes, etc, when a gust suddenly blows. A handmade carpet has "knots" thus producing a "nap" or direction to the pile, which in use especially by little feet enables not only the dust to deposited towards one end but the (human skin/foot) oil protects and shines (quality) natural fibres; pattens and darker colours were then used primarily for longevity (lighter colours and less patten marking more easily) In contrast a machine made carpet has less movement allowing dust to "fester" rather than being washed two or three times in the very average lifespan of the avaerage hand made carpet in Hong Kong of thirty years(with dogs and shoes outside) is the reason why many don't get past the initial step . Now wouldn't you like your kids to have the best education possible?

Points of further clarification:

Carpets are considered by some to be the greatest form of uncorrupted history.

The psychological reason for rectangles v's squares

Who gets the wool from the abattoir's (sorry this one is really splitting hairs)

How about "Determining reasonable value for added value" or "What price a knot" or "Knot art" or not knot art but reaserch from the carpet

cheers to the kids and I hope the housr is now brighter since Feb..peace.

DA 19 yrs ago
I have used the same company as mentioned by Alice in Wonderland... very cheap and good quality. I used them 6-7 yrs ago and got approximately 10ft by 8ft for about $1200, including stitching round the edges

nyhkbabe 13 yrs ago
Hi, I have 3 Persian rugs that are in mint condition for sale immediately. Viewing is available.

1. Blue/Grey from Pakistan, 125x184cm - HK$6,000

2. Pink/Beige from Pakistan, 145x223cm - HK$8,000

3. Red from Iran, 125x183cm - HK$10,000

If you are interested, please send me an email to: nyhkbabe@hotmail.com

mitsuraya 11 yrs ago
Ive been collecting rugs/carpets from all over the world. But when I moved to Hong Kong, in 2007, I was amazed at the prices the owners were asking. After a year of looking for good quality rugs: Tribal, Persian, Pakistani, Afghani and Turkish rugs. I have finally found a shop on Hollywood Road.

I don't have their exact address; it is on the 1st floor opposite Pure Fitness. I think it's called Tribal Rugs or something similar.

Good transparent pricing and very qualified (british accented) staff.

All the best...

bbh2010 11 yrs ago
i have used the company rare carpet for over 15 years, great collection & the prices. They got a beautiful collection & they also do custom made rugs.

They have recently moved to room 18, 2/f, oceanic ind.centre. ( Near Horizon Plaza)

Good Luck....

tobeysmom 10 yrs ago
IKEA actually has a nice collection of plain rugs at a very reasonable price... the ADUM rug is decent quality, all beige and comes in various sizes - I use them for my kids rooms and just replace when they get dirty.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad