Help! Bad pet smell from neighbors.

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by HKG888 9 yrs ago
I am living in Sai Kung and the smell coming from our neighbor's house from their pets has become unbearable. We asked the helper next door and she confirmed that they have 26 dogs, 12 cats and 10 birds. The smell in the last few months has become so bad that we are unable to open our windows or use the outside areas. We have spent a lot of money on sprays, burning candles, deodorizers and even fans but nothing has worked. I have tried talking to the neighbors several times. Management have also spoken to them but the smell is getting worse.

Out of desperation I have called Ag and Fish. After an inspection they told me that the animals do not pose a danger and therefore they cannot do anything. SPCA have said that the animals are not being mistreated (they were not allowed in past the front door) so they can't do anything.

Can anyone please give advice on what I can do? Moving is not an option and I am becoming desperate.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
mrcynic 9 yrs ago
Laws of Hong Kong Cap 169 Section 3 g) deals with cruelty to animals which includes how they are kept and housed. AFCD can take action if you can get them to consider the living conditions of the animals are causing unnecessary suffering.

Ed 9 yrs ago
https://www.afcd.gov.hk/english/contactus/contactus.html

HKG888 9 yrs ago
Thank you for very much for your reply. This is what I got back from Ag and Fish after making the complaint:

"According to your information, staff of Kowloon Animal Management Centre has visited the complained address for following up your case. This case was concluded no situation that we could prosecute. Thank you for your call..."

Do you think I can contact the Environmental Protection Department?

zackchak 9 yrs ago
We have 8 dogs and making sure there is no smell is not easy. I saw that you talked to the helper, we found that using dettol will get rid of a lot of the smell. Though if it has been there for years I am not sure. We clean the garden daily with a dettol green water solution and our relatives who do not like dogs say there is no smell. We order our dettol, green water and bleach commercial strength in containers that are delivered. It might just be the cleaning product that they are using though 26 is a lot of dogs. Not what u want to hear but the summer only makes it worse if they are open to suggestion give the dettol a try.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad