domestic helper wife change to dependant visa

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by r00my 15 yrs ago
hi all,

im a hong kong permanent resident, i just got married to my domestic helper GF last june 2, 2009 here in hong kong, before that i asked her to make a month notice of resignation and gave to her employer 3 days before our wedding day then a day after our wedding we went to immigration to submit the documents needed for dependant visa application, then the officer on the dependant visa section told us to go to extension section then submit those documents there, after waiting for our turn they gave us a card stating the application reference number, and telling us to wait for them to notify us by letter.

now my question is how long should we wait for that letter? is our dependant visa application already on the process.

Please anyone can advise on what to do, i gladly appreciate any reply. thanks in advance and more power

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
punter 15 yrs ago
It's definitely being processed now. There's no need to worry.

What I think is that the immigration department is currently making sure your marriage is not a sham. When everything turns out ok, you will be called in.

r00my 15 yrs ago
thank you both for the reply, im getting my hopes up now :D

associates 15 yrs ago
Normally it takes 6 – 8 weeks to process a visa entry/permit application for residence as a dependant upon receipt of all required documents.

Weir & Associates

Solicitors & Notaries

16th Floor Tak Shing House

Theatre Lane

20 Des Voeux Road Central

Central

Hong Kong

Tel 2526-1767

Fax : 2868-3568

email : weirlaw@hongkonglaw.com

www.HongKongLaw.com/weirlaw

r00my 15 yrs ago
hi again, i have another question, my wife pre terminate her contract with her current employer on july 23 so she still have 2 weeks to stay in hk, should we apply for extension of visa first before the letter of dependant application arrives? if we do, i as a sponsor need to provide a letter? and what kind of letter should i submit? note its going to be 8 weeks this week since we submit the form. Pls. help. thank you.

punter 15 yrs ago
Its better for you to call the immigration hotline or better yet go to the immigration tower and lay down your case (follow up on your wife's application). They should be able to give you the correct answer, or an update to your wife's application, or a course of action.

Your case is under process, only the immigration department knows what's going on.

You can help the readers here by posting developments. Cheers.

Barraclough 15 yrs ago
From my own experience of marrying my domestic helper GF:

It takes six-eight weeks and they would tell you if there was a problem.

We had a little interview to prove our marriage wasn't sham. I broke the rules in that I got quite shirty with them because I felt they were invading our privacy. But while I was doing that I pointed out that whatever the weddings department is called is actually a branch of Immigration and surely they were not casting doubt on their own colleagues and saying they would allow a sham marriage.

It worked for us as we were not asked any more questions and now seven years later my wife has Permanent Residence.

I'm not recommending it but pointing out that it worked for me.

rodylyn 8 yrs ago
hi my dependant visa have been approved yesterday morning and at the night i told to boss i need to resign because i want to another job .but my boss told me i dont have too because i can still work with them ..mymy question is am i still allow to work as a dimestic helper?foes he need to revise my salary?or i can work with them as a partimer?

scorpio01 8 yrs ago
if you have the dependent visa, you can do any legal work as you want, doesnt matter if DH or what..

Lhynnee 8 yrs ago
Hi.

Im a DH before then terminate my contract because I got pregnant.Then my boyfriend decided us to get married in Phils.We got married last May 18th this year and we applied for dependent visa last May 31 which until now we didnt receive any feedback from Immigration.Im just a visitor here as of now and I was pregnant.Is it possible to extend and extend my visitors permit and we are worried whats goin on with our application since we havent receive any feedbacks yet.

scorpio01 8 yrs ago
visa approval takes 4-8 weeks, you will have to wait

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad