Where to buy ball gown / evening dress?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Tulip2007 18 yrs ago
Any good suggestoins for ballgowns or evening dresses. Been to Evelyn B and Sparkle and couldn't find anything. Someone mentioned a place in Diamond Hill that sells sample dresses for around HK$400-$1000 that export to US at much higher prices.

Otherwise any tailors or places to hire them...need it for a black tie ball in two week's time .. HELP!!!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
annebin 18 yrs ago
I remember replying to this post last night...

Anyway, I've seen some evening wear in sample shops along Johnston road and Wanchai road. Might be worth looking into.

MaryKay 18 yrs ago
Hi Tulip2007

I recently lost a bit of weight and I have at least 6 or 7 ball gowns in my closet. If they fit you are welcome to wear one of them I may even give a few if you like them. I have dresses from Versace, max mara,ralf lauren, and lots more. Just send me a message in my mailbox and you are welcome to come take a look. (Dresses range in price from 2500-35000 you can wear them for free)

quite contrary 18 yrs ago
Fa Yeun Street. W

quite contrary 18 yrs ago
OOps I've started so I'll finish...Fa Yeun Street.With your back to the flower market walk down the right hand side of the street and about half way down there is a shop that has lovely evening wear at the back of the shop at very good prices.

MarissaB 18 yrs ago
Anyone know where you get shoes to go with ballgown/evening dress?

bmc 18 yrs ago
Where can I find a very dressy sweater to go with a long formal skirt?

MarissaB 18 yrs ago
Problem is that most of them are so high heeled that I can't walk in them and that's before the drinking has started!

giggling_gal 18 yrs ago
MarissaB - For tailormade classy heels you can try LIII Tower II of Admiralty Centre in Admiralty (MTR)

Tel nr 2136 9739

Do allow 1 week preparation, you can ask for Alan Chan, 1 of the owners

Tulip - Pls read Vendage's thread too for inspiration. Good Luck, guys

&&& 11 yrs ago
Evelyn B have moved from that building next to 1997. Anyone have the scoop where they have relocated to ????

&&& 10 yrs ago
This store carries Evening Dress, Ball Gowns, Bridesmaid's gowns, shawls : http://www.thepurplefc.com/

I was relieved that after Sparkles, this one came along. Does anyone know where has Sparkles and Evelyn B relocated to ?

They're open 7 days. Elaine is there except Sundays. 5/F Redana Centre, 25 Yiu Wa Street, Causeway Bay

Hong Kong 2119 9119

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad