Mobile phone contract

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by mikestranger 8 yrs ago
Hi all
Can anyone recommend a decent mobile phone contract?
I'm currently just using a PAYG sim from CSL, which is $68 for unlimited fast 4G and calls. I've been surprised that I can't find a yearly contract for less than around $320 per month. This works out to be more expensive than my PAYG deal, and includes a cap on internet usage. Am I missing something here? Surely if I'm signing up for a year I should get a better deal than if I'm PAYG? Please let me know if you have any advice or can recommend any good deals.
Thanks
Mike

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
raymond213 8 yrs ago
Hi Mike

Well I just came to HK on Thursday and yesterday I found a contract from 3 that was pretty good can I just ask what is your monthly usage mine was just over 2GB over the past few months in UK and I had a 4GB plan from Giffgaff so when I went around yesterday 4GB plans does not exist in HK T.T I was going to go for a 5GB plan for 208HKD a month (226 in total because of that tunnel fee crap) but they're currently offering an extra GB free every month making it a total of 6GB if you want to change over from your current provider which is CSL and on the 2nd, 4th and the 6th month the contract is "free" meaning all you have to pay is 21 dollars in those 3 months. I'd say that is a great deal and for a 2GB plan its only 166 but +1GB because of the switch you'd get a total of 3GB.

Good Luck

cmdel 8 yrs ago
Sun Mobile is who my colleges suggested I sign up with. The monthly charge is $108 HKD and I believe the contract is for two years, I am unsure if they have a one year option. They have unlimited data (to a certain point and then it slows down, I can't remember the exact usage point at which this happens) but I have had the plan for exactly one month now with no issues. Overall, I am impressed with the service and have not had any issues for such a cheap monthly price. I did go over my minutes or texting allowance and had an additional $30 HKD fee for something, but it's still very inexpensive over all.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad