New to Hong Kong and looking for IT work advice

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Mathos 9 yrs ago
Hi all, I have recently moved to Hong Kong from the UK on a dependant visa with my wife.

I am an experienced IT solutions architect with 10 years project experience and 17 years support experience.

I cannot speak Cantonese but I am learning. I have sent my CV to recruitment agencies and have had a few interviews but that is as far as it has gone.

I have signed up to quite a few jobs websites and applied to quite a few jobs but with no reply.

Since then I have revamped my CV to include the fact that I already have a visa.

I am considering sending my CV and cover letter to companies directly. This is a practice that I have used in the UK before.

Does anyone know if this method is worth it in Hong Kong and if there are alternative methods?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
bostontohongkong22 9 yrs ago
I am in the same boat.
Ill be in Hong Kong for a few months, and trying to see if I can have a career there.

Little background about myself:
I'm 22. Was born in Hong Kong, moved to Boston when i was 13. Fluent in both Cantonese and English.

Career wise:
Have my own IT Consulting agency in Boston, 5 full time staff. We focus on web and app development.

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad