Best cinema to watch interstellar?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by wombles 9 yrs ago
Which has venue would provide the best experience? I know Nolan filmed it in 70mm film and imax but the imax thetres here no longer use that system, it's all digital now and the resolution is not as good, only around 2k I believe, making imax actually a rip off for the prices they charge in comparison to regular thetres. Are there any other top quality screens/sound system thetres that would do the film the justice it deserves? Cheers.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
habibiofnyc 9 yrs ago
Well, I will definitely go to Imax at I-square in TST. I guess I'm not that tech savvy. But another top movie theatre that I know is the Sky (part of Golden Harvest group)in Olympic City. It's relatively new, just built last year. And the screen and sound systemare great. The seats are the most comfortable ones I had in Hong Kong. I used to live in the area, and really miss it. To get there, just take the Tung Chong line from Hong Kong station, only 2 stops.

internalgame 9 yrs ago

Not Cinema / theatre Tech Savvy either, but I love the screen in ocean theatre, not sure if it's known by another / new name now, but it's the one that's next to the TST ferry pier, either in the Ocean Centre or attached to it, It's on end of Canton road, when you are going to take the ferry to central/Wanchai.

The Screen is awesome, the seating won't leave you wanting to punch someone's head from behind (unlike in UA), Ass also won't get sore while watching boring movies (like it happens onUA's lousy PVC seats).

It has beautiful big SQUARE-ish screen unlike most wide screens. I don't know how can people stand those wide screens that arch out towards the viewer.I haven't been there for more than 10 years, but the sound wasn't an issue back then and shouldn't be now.

But it may not be for you, if you don't like Square-ish / proportionate screens. Happy Viewing.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad