Salvaged wood furniture

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Midlevels 11 yrs ago
Hi,

I'm looking for furniture(dining table/chairs, coffee table etc) in salvaged wood. Nicely finished, and styled similar to what you find at Tree -- but for a fraction of the price (of course!)

Any leads?

I've been to Di-Mension in HK but find their range limited.

Willing to make a day-trip to Shenzhen, but will need very specific directions (and I don;t speak any Mandarin).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so very much.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
alvinc 11 yrs ago
FYI, i have ordered some salvaged wood furniture for my apartment from Di-mension Living when i just moved to Hong Kong, their products are very nicely made. I gave them photos and sizes and they sent me drawing n quotation. I'm quite satisfied with their service.

Personally I won't recommend ppl (esp new comers to HK) to buy in Shenzhen, very different shopping experience compare to HK.

Midlevels 11 yrs ago
thanks, alvinc.

did you need to negotiate the price with di-mension?

Baru 11 yrs ago
i've got a custom made table and four chairs made from thai ox-cart and railway sleepers (very heavy and solid wood) cost was about $16,000. if you're interested let me know and i'll give you his no. he has an outdoor shop located in whitehead golf range grounds, ma on shan.

Midlevels 11 yrs ago
hi baru -- thanks, i'd love to get the details.

thanks again.

Baru 11 yrs ago
his name is gordon chan, shop nmbr: 24713799 (mobile i'll give if you can't get thru(

they've got all sorts of goodies at the shop and in your case tables and chair sizes made to order. i went there and saw a piece i fell for and replicated it to fit my house.

good luck

Midlevels 11 yrs ago
thanks so much -- will try them in the daytime.

alvinc 11 yrs ago
Midlevels, i didn't really negotiate the price with Di-mension Living when I bought my table set, as their prices seems to be reasonable among other furniture shops elsewhere (esp those in Horizon Plaza)...

and good that i was very pleased with their services and the quality of my wood table set....

Midlevels 11 yrs ago
thanks alvinc!

xenaseller 9 yrs ago
Check out http://decor.works

Rensema 9 yrs ago
Baru - Can I please have Gordon Chan's mobile number?

Thanks!

emk 9 yrs ago
http://www.stockroom.com.hk

Highly recommended! Good prices, products and service!

yehclai 9 yrs ago
I will have to second everything EMK said - almost the exact same thing happened to me. The product also arrived dirty, the paint (not stain) was applied sloppily and was probably not dry before they packed it so some of the paint had rubbed off causing it to look splotchy, and most importantly, it didn't look at all like the sample piece they had showed me in the showroom but they "couldn't tell the difference". Like EMK said, the company felt this was all acceptable, did not acknowledge any flaws nor address the issues and also said it was because it was salvage furniture. Anybody could see the sloppy paint job was not from the salvage wood. I would not recommend them as the whole customer experience was quite frustrating. They ended up sending me raw pieces of wood tops because I was so upset and asked for something, and I stained and installed them myself and now it looks good, but mind you this was a lot of extra work.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad