Tung Chung: facilities check

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by AliciaM 12 yrs ago
Hi, I already live in Tung Chung (Coastal Skyline) and need to move, saw a place in Seaview Crescent but didn't get to check out the facilities.

Can anyone give me an idea of the gym/pool and other facilities, please?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
1morenight1morecity 12 yrs ago
What is wrong with Coastal Skyline?

Nobby15 12 yrs ago
AliciaM

I live in Seaview, the clubhouse has an outdoor pool (no indoor) a small gym, maybe 3-4 treadmills, 1 rowing machine, free weights, stretching area and a couple of other excercise machines. There are squash courts, tennis courts & badminton courts, free wifi and a large seating area inside. They also have a snooker room, karaoke room and a dance studio area. There is a kids play area which is ok but not much for kids to do really.

That's about all i can think of right now, let me know if you need more info.

Danny

AliciaM 12 yrs ago
Thanks so much, Nobby15. I managed to get in to take a quick look around even though I didn't get to see everything you've mentioned. What's the pool like? Does it get super crowded in summer? I guess the public pool is near enough anyway.

Nobby15 12 yrs ago
AliciaM

I used to go last summer and it was never that crowded but I would be there in the afternoon so maybe it was busier earlier. The pool is ok not that big though. There is a shallow area for kids as well as a couple of play things but again not great. Have you tried the public pool yet, if so is it any good? I'd like to take my daughter there.

Danny

AliciaM 12 yrs ago
Oh, I haven't tried the public pool yet. Went on their website, it was a bit confusing so I will have to check it out in person when I get a chance. I guess it would be the place to go if you want to swim laps.

http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/beach/en/swim-address-is.php (You have to scroll down past Mui Wo.)

Nobby15 12 yrs ago
AliciaM

Thanks for the link, will go try it out this week. I saw in your original post you live in Coastal Skyline, we are thinking of moving there once our break lease is up. Can you tell me what it's like living there, are the apartments spacious and club house facilities good? We will be looking for a 3 bedroom place.

Thanks

Danny

AliciaM 12 yrs ago
Coastal Skyline has really great facilities. The 3-bedroom places face towards the airport so they are quiet, which is great. Not all the towers/floors have balconies. My friend lived in a 3-bedroom place in Tower 2 and I thought her flat was really nice (it had 2 bathrooms, too). The main bedroom was big; the other two were a bit boxy but that's normal in HK. I think walking to the MTR is at least a more direct route if you live in Coastal Skyline.

(We live in a 2-bed place which faces the other way - nice mountain view but a lot of noise echo even though there is hardly any traffic! We could have moved into another 'H' flat on a different floor but in the end we got a better deal in Seaview Crescent - an A flat, which will be quieter than our current place.)

Coastal Skyline has barbecue areas you can book. The sporting facilities are: tennis courts, indoor pool (heated), massive outdoor pool with small kids' pools (open April to end-Oct, I think), gym with cardio machines, weights and circuit machines plus a few Swiss balls etc. There are other rooms you can book and they have everything from playgroups to kids' martial arts classes to yoga for adults - a lot going on although I haven't used them all. There is also an indoor badminton, table tennis and possibly basketball court.

There are a couple of small play areas for kids (outdoors and one in the clubhouse.

There is also a bowling alley, karaoke room and reading room in the clubhouse.

I'll miss the outdoor swimming pool (+ waterslide) the most!

Nobby15 12 yrs ago
Thanks for the information, I'm planning to look at some apartments this week so hopefully I'll find something. I actually like Seaview as it is very quiet, apart from the planes of course but it's not an issue to me. I am in block 1, closest to the sea and airport. I lived in Caribbean Coast back in 2008 which is not great, too many barking dogs and always very busy outside.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad