FURNITURE!

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by jenk 18 yrs ago
I'm furnishing my bare apartment and have spent loads at ikea. I don't want it to be an entirely Ikea filled space though - gets a bit monotonous. Besides G.O.D and aluminium, does anyone have any ideas of some interesting furniture shops along the vein of the aforementioned? Where are the located? Any suggestions appreciated please!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
allynz 18 yrs ago
Try Pricerite - it is just across from Ikea in CWB and for smaller bits try the City Super in Times Square or the smaller shops around Hollywood Road.

AYM 18 yrs ago
Try Franc Franc (a Japanese store) on Paterson Street in Causeway Bay.

C 18 yrs ago
Go check out Ruttonjee Design Center in Central, quite a few interesting furnishings there.

tggb 18 yrs ago
go to the furniture shops at Lee Theatre Building in Causeway Bay, expensive but really nice stuff that you can keep forever

Pekkerhead 18 yrs ago
if you want some good solid wood stuff there is a place called B&B on Kwong Fuk Road in Tai Po.

The furniture there is nicer, better quality AND cheaper than IKEA. Just a bit of a pain if you are HK or KL based.

LostnShanghai 18 yrs ago
I went to Ruttonjee Centre and a sofa there was 130,000 HKD. A chair was 40,000 HKD. Another cabinet was 130,000 HKD.

So if those prices are too much, then Horizon Plaza has tens of thousands of stock as well as styles.

Ed 18 yrs ago
http://hongkong.asiaxpat.com/classifieds/

C 18 yrs ago
It is more than likely that the furniture at Ruttonjee is nothing like what you will find at IKEA, hence the price difference. Great place to window shop if nothing else!

RA 18 yrs ago
There is a B&B design on Queen's Road East. Most of my furniture is from there -beds, dining set etc.

DA 18 yrs ago
B&B design has closed on Queens Rd East, that have relocated somewhere else (can't remember where, they had a sign in the window of the old shop)

syfaith 10 yrs ago
looking for Japanese shoji doors maker/contractor

thank you

octo@netvigator.com

LYYCLYEY 10 yrs ago
I recently furnished my place and was pleased with Decor8 (wan chai), Indigo (horizon plaza, ap lei chau), Tree (horizon plaza) and Bo Concept (wyndham road, central). There are a few smaller shops around Star Street that sell interesting designer items and antique furniture.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad