Your views on living in HKU-owned flats?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by ssha16 8 yrs ago
Hi y'all!
My wife and I are expecting and need to move out of our tiny flat. We have been looking at family friendly places with lots of expansion space (we also have two dogs). So we've narrowed it down to middleton and high west more or less. But there are pros and cons to both and it is hard for us to decide (e.g.: middleton's 3br does not have an "en suite" bathroom that my wife likes and apparently isn't wired for fiber, while high west has both and an extra bathroom, but middleton has a better virw and could be quieter) and are looking for some inside knowledge!

Anyway, if you or anyone you know happen to be familiar with these units at all or even dealing with HKU as a landlord (is it better or worse or just unpredictable in any event??) we would appreciate hearing your views! Feel free to post a reply, pm or if you want I can send you my # to whatsapp or email.

Thanks so much in advance!!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
ckautzky 8 yrs ago
Hi There,

We have lived in an HKU flat for almost 6 years. We have been very pleased with the trade off of value for money in terms of space, etc. It can be difficult to get things fixed, and you kind of have to just decide that if there are things you want done, you'll have to finance it.

We have friends in most of the buildings. Middleton and Rodriguez are most efficient layouts. Tam Towers having some issues at the moment so wouldn't recommend.

We have loved living there but there are trade offs and dealing with the university takes a few deep breaths... but in terms of space you cannot beat it!

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad