Air Purifier recommendation for HK weather ??

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by exchangestudent 9 yrs ago
I am an exchange student from the states and just arrived here couple of days ago . I am a bit concerned about the air quality here since I have asthma and ever since I arrived I have been having severe wheezing and Asthma fits . I was told by my friends back home that in China there is air pollution and people use masks . I don't think the pollution is that high in Hong Kong but just to be on the safer side I'm planning to use air purifiers . Can somebody recommend a good air purifier ?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Mazai 9 yrs ago
Moved to HK from SG recently. I am looking for effective, small and quiet air purifier for my tiny bedroom as well. I saw many brands of air purifier displayed in the chain electronic stores. Any suggestion?

sbruce 9 yrs ago
Hi Exchange Student & Mazai,

I'm Steve from Renaud Air (www.renaudair.hk). Congratulations on taking charge of your health!

The air pollution problem is nowhere near as bad here in Hong Kong as it is in China, but it is still very bad. to illustrate this, even on a clear day like today, the air pollution levels are 150,000 0.3 microns per litre of air (we have instruments that measure this). The WHO minimum safe standard is 60,000.

Basically, regardless of where you live in Hong Kong, you need an air purifier.

Having an air purifier in your home will help a lot with any breathing problems you might have and will also help you sleep better.

Basically, you get what you pay for when it comes to air purifiers. our price range is HKD4-11,000 per unit and you will need to replace the filter every 6 months which will cost you around HKD500. I'm sure you will agree that this is cheaper than your doctors bills and this is a small price to pay for your health!

We offer a free Air Quality Assessment for your home/office. Please email us at support@renaudair.hk and we can help you to arrange or you can call us on 5804-4760.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Thanks!

Steve Bruce
RENAUD AIR Marketing
5804-4763

Mac-010 9 yrs ago
Why are the post's that do not point to Renaud deleted ?.
I understand they sponsor and pay; but surely they would allow info and details on other solution as well.

Lots of good details just swept away. Waste of time to share if its like this.

For what its worth; i will try the Xiaomi; seems ok. Can control with App also..
Around 1500 HKD if you use a HK agent; im to lazy to try and sort it out direct.

http://translate.google.com.hk/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.price.com.hk%2F

Ed 9 yrs ago
The problem was that the person in question was calling up many old discussions and posting spam links on them --- I warned them not to do that otherwise they would be banned from using the site.

Mac-010 9 yrs ago
OK, fair enough

Deleteme1437 9 yrs ago
Nope, that's not true.

I'm new to the forum and have no idea I was replying to the old posts. And when I replied to you, I apologized and asked what are the rules while you did not reply to me! I sent you two messages asking but you just ignored me.

I'm just a mom and not an engineer, I didn't even know those are old posts as they came up from my search, nor did I know I wasn't supposed to reply to them! And why was my original post got deleted as well? It wasn't OLD!

This is so unfair! Anyway, I'm expected this will be deleted anyway. So be it. I just want at least one person to be the witness although I'm probably too naive as this post most likely will be deleted in a second with the reason that in scamming the forum.

Ed 9 yrs ago
As I have explained, if our administrators see someone going methodically through old forum posts (some years old) and promoting a product on them we see that as spam.

We delete these posts and we generally ban anyone who is engaging in this activity.

The rules of our forums clearly state this:

AsiaXPAT community guidelines

Our forums are meant to provide a resource for people moving to, and living and working in Hong Kong. Please feel free to ask questions or post comments but we’d ask that you follow these rules:

We do not allow negative comments about individuals or companies; we prefer not to be exposed to legal action for publishing what might be defamatory comments.
Please do not spam the forums with advertisements
Please do not post confidential or proprietary information
Please refrain from posting racist and sexist comments

We appreciate the efforts of our thousands of members who provide constructive and helpful answers and comments making these forums one of the best resources for getting information and advice on moving to and living in Hong Kong!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad