Jumbo Movers HK.

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Bob! 15 yrs ago
We are looking at using Jumbo movers for a local move. Havent used them before and was wondering if anyone had any experience to share? Thanks.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
DaHKGKid 15 yrs ago
yeah, they suck like any other mover in HK. Scratched two nice cabinets which cost me $3000 to fix and a double glazed sliding window - door which one of the movers decided he would just walk through (he gladly was not hurt) cost me another $3500.

So for a quote which I negotiated down from $18500 to $16500 become $10K after I told them I would not pay them for what they damaged, made the day real special.

I dont have an alternative any more as my regular mover went out of business because they did great work but you had to pay. Typical for HKers!

ltxhk 15 yrs ago
From personal experience, I also second that Jumbo is neither careful nor professional. Speedway did a good job the next time.... only a bit more.

deltalimacharlie 9 yrs ago
I just found this when searching for something else. We had a quote from Jumbo Movers to do a move and when the day came they claimed that the plant pots and furniture on the roof (and there were quite a few of them) were not included, even though we specifically took the guy who did the quote on to the roof to see the stuff.

We were essentially blackmailed for an extra $1,000. Moral is don't use Jumbo, and get everything in writing on the quote.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad