What does it mean when a guy say "miss you"?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by delphi 14 yrs ago
I dated a guy for a few months but he is extremely busy at work and has 2 kids at home. We barely see each other because he has no time! From time to time he will say he miss me.. the question is does he really mean from the heart that he missed me? or he just missed his lust?

How can I find out please?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
cookie09 14 yrs ago
can be both, ie. he really misses you and he really misses his lust, but in general it also means he is not willing to give up his existing situation with kids and wife

mike204 14 yrs ago
If he says he misses you, his actions will show if this is true. frequent calls and talks. If all he does is say he misses you, then he probably is only saying what he thinks you want to hear to keep you on stand by as a booty call.

delphi 14 yrs ago
He is divorced and is a single father.... but I think mike204 is probably right. If a man is really into a woman, no matter how busy he could be he can still find time to talk or see each other. it is not really happened with us!

tigerbay 14 yrs ago
If he has two kids, and is recently divorced, he probably does not want the kids to meet you until the relationship is much more solid.

Being a single parent is a full time job, add his day job commitments, it is hard to see you. It does not mean you are just a booty call. He probably misses your company, and all that goes with it. It is hard to date as a single parent.

Justin Credible (Part Deux) 14 yrs ago
A lot of parents who are stuck with kids can miss adult conversation and company. A "miss you" could mean, i MISS you, or i miss YOU...or I miss you...

Whatever it is, he simply is missing someone or something that he once enjoyed. :)

As mike said though, if he aint walking the walk, or talking the talk, "miss you" is just part of an affectionate tone in a conversation with an old friend.

PupMonkey 14 yrs ago
Ask him?

manasingh 14 yrs ago
There is a saying " a busy person will find time to do everything"

CaptDave 14 yrs ago
OK, so he's single and busy with 2 kids... why not offer to drop by his place for a few hours - add a purpose that fits your personality such as cook dinner / share a bottle of wine / just watch TV together ( so he knows it's not a booty call ) ...... If he misses you he should welcome the idea of just spending time together. You will find out where you stand.

good luck !

delphi 14 yrs ago
No time to meet is one thing but what really bothers me is no communication in between. I am going to have a open discussion with him soon. I just can't keep waiting for no reason... Thanks all for advice.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad