Getting married in Bali

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by vivianxx 9 yrs ago
Hi there, I am new to this forum.

1. My fiance and I are planning to have our wedding next year, probably in Bali. While looking up the registration of marriage in Hong Kong, it was mentioned that after you have given a notice to the registry of marriage in HK, you have 3 months for your ceremony to take place. So basically you have to hold your wedding ceremony within 3 months of being registered as married in HK. Did I understand correctly from the website?

2. Should I register my marriage in HK and hold ceremony in Bali, or should I register and hold ceremony both in Bali? I heard I need to translate my indonesian marriage certificate when I am back in HK.

Anyone with similar experiences or experiences in having had their wedding overseas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Invert22 9 yrs ago
Congratulations on your engagement and plans to marry in Bali. It is a beautiful venue for a wedding. We had ours then and all our family and friends who came are still raving about it.

With regard to the marriage registration, we were quite dubious about having it registered in Indonesia/Bali, and frankly, since we were based outside of Bali anyway (we live overseas), we simply didn't have the time to process it there. Furthermore, there will be a "residency" requirement, I believe, something like you've got to be physically in Bali for at least 10 days (or something like that) prior to the ceremony itself - which was something that we couldn't do. My father in law, bless him, insisted that we get our marriage license from where we were living at the time coz he's heard stories where marriage licenses from Bali were not valid at all (read: Mick Jagger).

So yes, in the end, we applied for our license in country A, had our ceremony in Bali, and then came back to country A where we had a very very small gathering of friends and family to witness the official marriage + swearing before the justice of the peace to make it all legal!

ArietteHK 9 yrs ago
Nice question you got there. And yes, you got the information correctly. After the registry, you can hire a destination wedding planner in Hong Kong to help you fix all of your issues and happily celebrate your wedding in Bali. Have you heard of One Heart Wedding planner? They arrange weddings in Bali.

manishshah 9 yrs ago
Good Really Nice One Thank You

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad