marry a hong kong resident

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by punter 15 yrs ago
You can try, but the immigration department treats these things on case by case basis. They too would investigate whether this is a sham marriage (marriage for convenience to get a visa just like what you're trying to do).

However if your "wife" is a HK permanent resident, living here, with accommodations, with some money in the bank, with some family support, and you can prove to the ID that your marriage is not a sham, then I would personally think that they have no right to "separate" a husband and wife. But as mentioned in the outset the Immigration Depart treats each case independently.

If you do marry, you extend your "tourist visa" and at the same time you apply for the dependent visa then wait if it is approved or not.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
carmanchix 15 yrs ago
No,She must have job.she has to sponsor you,how can she sponsor you if she dont have income?She must have a house or rented house in her name to house herself and you.

I agree with punter above.

cookie09 15 yrs ago
you can use the home/bank accounts of her parents as supporting proof of sponsorship as you can claim that you will stay with the parents

carmanchix 15 yrs ago
No your PR wife may use home account of her parents but not their bank account.She should have her own bank account with job,mpf and tax record if any.if she dont have a job and is dependent on her parents for her survival,then she can't sponsor you.A dependent cannot sponsor a dependent.

cookie09 15 yrs ago
LGMV,

i don't see how you can read out of this govt rules that she needs a job. it only says she needs to support the dependant's living.

if her parents come up with everything for him, i don't see why this should be an issue. hell, her parents could even employ her to pay her a salary ;-)

at a minimum, i would give it a try.

punter 15 yrs ago
Richard, if she's got no family here in Hong Kong and she has no job, where is she staying at? Why can't she find a job?

If I were the immigration officer evaluating your case, I would conclude that this is an arrange "marriage" so that you can gain residency in Hong Kong thru this girl (by paying her?). I will therefore turn down the application.

carmanchix 15 yrs ago
Richard,there is enquiry section on 2nd floor at immigration department ,wanchai.You can go there and ask them anything without cost.that would be much better option.

superman14 15 yrs ago
I moved to Hong Kong with my girlfriend, who was a HK permanent resident, but had been living overseas for 15 years a few years back. Neither one of us had jobs and to make the job hunt easier for me within our first week here we went down to the marriage registry. After doing the marriage thing we went to immigration tower and got my dependant visa.

We never had any problems, despite neither of us having a job, and we had not rented a flat. Our marriage was "real" in the sense that we were getting married in a real ceremony in a few months time just it made sense to get the visa for me here. (When we had our wedding ceremony back home we never bothered to tell all our guests we had been married for a few months). Immigration did not ask us any questions even though we had come with documents showing photos of us together over the previous 5 years. I think we had some overseas bank documents to show that we were not desititute but I can't recall if they looked at them. I was really surprised how fast and easy everything was for us. (Perhaps me being gweilo and my wife HK Chinese helped, as the couple beside us a gweilo who had recently married a Thai girl were really having issues getting her a dependant visa - I don't know how it ended for them because as soon as our interview was done and my Visa granted we left.

cookie09 15 yrs ago
beancurd, i don't think you got that one fully right. public assistance is not the main issue if markets are truly open.

the main issue would be that salary levels for middle and low income earners would fall through the bottom as demand would be extended drastically compared to supply of jobs. what governments essentially do is establish a cartel of limited local workforce to limit the demand for jobs which results in 'acceptable' salary levels.

it's a supply and demand question with salaries as the resulting price for labour.

vallient 15 yrs ago
I think being a guy a guy they would be much more concerned that you were marrying her for a visa.

x_Serenity_x 15 yrs ago
It's incredibly unromantic to get married for a visa. I've been in Hong Kong since 2005 with my boyfriend who's a HK resident. I haven't had any problems finding work since I've been here and getting married just for a visa won't ever be an issue.

Even when I go back to the UK we wont get married for a visa. That's not the right reason to get married, it should be about love!!

Must be something wrong with your qualifications and experience if you can't get a job without getting married. Try a temp agency.

vallient 15 yrs ago
I say getting married for a visa is better then getting married for love. Love fades, visa's can be renewed.

Dream_Catcher 15 yrs ago
Posted by richard_biason (19 days ago)

[ Message | Report Abuse ]

thank you for all of your responses.Maybe I'll just find a woman who is a hong kong permanent resident who has a job . And marry her If she does like me. I hope I could find one. I mean, I'm not the type of guy who would use a person in exchange for something. But if this would be the case I'd rather love my future wife because I truly love her not because of any exchange or any material things just for my benefit. I believe in "karma".

Hahahahaha.... Marrying someone for a cause is in deed Using other mammals for your own benifits and now your trying to be nice guy to take someone's sympathy here; by saying that you do believe in the sanskrit law of comeback. Poor girl who will bite your filmflam hocus pocus bait. :-P

Amparo Kia 15 yrs ago
BTW, Richard, why are u so keen to stay in HK??? As a HK resident, I really don't want your kind of person staying in my city, you are trying to use "marriage" as a mean to get what u want rather than exert effort on your own... go get a job, prove your worth and earn your visa, if I have a say,i'll reject your application.. (lol)

hotmail 15 yrs ago
why don't you go back to your country and you will have a peaceful mind...sad to say but if im not mistaken you must be from philippines? not unless if you have a degree it won't be that difficult, this is how important education then is. all the best, life is full of challenges...you must be very young to think of such an idea, think again....immigration is quite smart in dealing issues like this.....

Dream_Catcher 15 yrs ago
Well said Kia!

Richard seems to me that your not only a user but also a Parasite. lol... Read your orginal post below. "You will find a woman who is a Hong Kong resident who has a Job" and married the gal for what, to support YOU? hahahahahaha... why not find a job first and then find some one to marry.

This is only my own opinion base on your post.

Posted by richard_biason (19 days ago)

[ Message | Report Abuse ]

thank you for all of your responses.Maybe I'll just find a woman who is a hong kong permanent resident who has a job . And marry her If she does like me. I hope I could find one. I mean, I'm not the type of guy who would use a person in exchange for something. But if this would be the case I'd rather love my future wife because I truly love her not because of any exchange or any material things just for my benefit. I believe in "karma".

Highway-9 15 yrs ago
Can you imagine Richard_Biason setting up a date with Miss Lucky?

Hi! What is your status in HK? Working? OK, let's go out ...

Sounds like he is shopping for a visa rather than a wife.

Shouldn't try it in VietNam as the property laws with respect to divorce suggest equality in asset splitting.

michelle09 13 yrs ago
@hotmail whats with the your from the philippines? of all the people who tried to respond to thisa**hole bad or good didnt try to mention any nationality of his

. your as worst as he is . your trying to me a racist..what you think you know better!

seeesshh some people are actually jerks in their own ways.

red_warrior 13 yrs ago
peace

tigerbay 13 yrs ago
YOU should have considered that before committing bigamy.

No sympathy from this corner.

red_warrior 13 yrs ago

thanx for some info...

xelm 9 yrs ago
Honestly.. i think it's a disgrace and shameful to marry someone for a visa.
because not only are you giving other people a bad name but thats just bad karma man.
Besides.. there are people like me who actually NEED visa.
i fell in love with a girl from HK, shes 22 and i'm 21.. we've known each other for about 5 years and wanna get married soon.
im very excited and i love with this girl with my entire heart and soul.
I'd be very upset if my visa didn't get approved.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad