alimony free divorce possible in HongKong?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by moriaette 9 yrs ago
My male colleague and I discovered my cheating husband was with another woman yesterday. They were at A&E as my son had an injury to his ankle playing football. Basically my husband had no idea I would be in HKG as he believed I was on a business trip. He had his arms around the woman who he kissed a couple of times. He also gifted her with jewelry. Well a fight broke out and the police made sure there was peace. The officers advised me that he has no right to alimony under HKG law since I have evidence of him having an affair (photos and msgs) and had this fight today. He even admitted to police that he has relationship problems with me and prefers this extramarital affair.
Is this a clear cut case of him being unable to claim my business and property assets?
Further, do l have a right to give him a length of time, say a week, to remove all his possessions in my house? and if not removed just throw them out? the property is solely in my name. which lawyer is recommended, and does quality of lawyer in a divorce case really matter?

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad