Intercontinental Champagne Brunch?

Search  
ORIGINAL POST
Posted by ems2000 17 yrs ago
I want to take my mother for champagne buffet in early December.

The inter-con comes hightly recommended...does anyone know which restaurant in the Inter-con it is in?

How much?

The best time to go?

etc etc

Many thanks!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
bakergirl 17 yrs ago
It's in the Harbourside restaurant - down stairs from the lobby on the harbour as the name suggests. http://hongkong-ic.dining.intercontinental.com/honic/di02.html Definitely pre book, request a window seat and by the way it is fantastic! Opens from 11.30am finishes at 3pm ...Moet Moet Moet!

suem 17 yrs ago
do you know how much does it cost and what is included?

megangell 17 yrs ago
it's 450 and includes all you can drink moet...

food is so varied- oysters, sushi etc as well as the usual array

the view is stunning, and yes, you MUST book in advance

the verandah at the repulse bay hotel is also lovely. i think they have a website

*V* 17 yrs ago
Inter-con is the best. I think it's 480 per person, from 11:30am-3pm.

Also try Conrad hotel - also very good.

pamples 17 yrs ago
I think it's more than that - more like $550 - could even be more than that now.

vanillapod1 16 yrs ago
It's more than that. I remember it being around the $600 mark last time I went. Prob best to call them directly and check. It's well worth it though.

WHAT? 16 yrs ago
From http://hongkong-ic.dining.intercontinental.com/honic/di02.html

Sunday Champagne Brunch

Harbourside's Sunday Champagne Brunch provides Hong Kong's most elaborate buffet spread with free-flowing champagne, wine, beer, soft drinks and fresh juices. Our chefs present a tempting array of items including fresh seafood and sushi, a roast carving station with prime cuts of beef, a range of delicious Chinese and Thai dishes, salads and cold dishes and oven-fresh breads. The Sunday Champagne Brunch also offers a delectable array of home-made desserts and special made-to-order items including crêpes and Asian Specialities sweets.

Every Sunday 11:30 am to 3:00 pm

HK$618.00 per adult

HK$298.00 per child under 12 years old

Thames 16 yrs ago
While still very good and definitely worth doing, I think the standard has slipped a bit at the InterCon Sunday brunch these past four or so years. The last few times I've been I've waited behind large groups of people who pile up their plates with the seafood as if they're anticipating an imminent famine. They take so much food they need hods to carry their plates back to their tables and leave the serving platters devoid of delicious crustaceans for other diners. I don't mean to generalise, but my personal observation is that it is usually the folk from over the border who haven't acquainted themselves with buffet etiquette.

chinacrisis 15 yrs ago
any recent updates on the quality of brunches around here. i am looking for free flowing champers or a good sparkling wine, oysters and shashimi - I am looking to celebrate this sunday!

miyazaki 15 yrs ago
Zuma in the Landmark. $550 all you can eat (top notch sushi, sashimi, and other Japanese Izakaiya fare) plus free-flowing Perrier Jouet Champagne (much better than Moet). They have a special kids menu, and colouring books etc too.

lasez 15 yrs ago
Between Zuma and Intercontinental Harborside - which is better? Anyone been to these recently?

AsianCajun 13 yrs ago
Zuma is outstanding. It's $550 plus 10% service charge and worth every penny. If you're into sushi, then this is a great value. They serve a lovely spread with sushi, sashimi, loads of apps, and 1 hot entree per person. Plus after dinner each table gets a yummy and beautiful dessert platter. T

he champagne is real French champagne and even after your meal they allow you to sit upstairs in the lounge and keep drinking champagne to your heart's delight, until 3 or 4 pm. You can also revisit the buffet downstairs after you leave your table!Seatings are at 11 or 1. I recommend 11 to maximize champagne time ; )

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad